Fox Mecham Auction Result

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
Mecum Auctions from Louisville was on with some of my favotites tonight. I have no idea of the date. The UNALTERED 1987 GT, T-tops, Black, red stripe, silver interior went for only $5500! That’s what asking price was on my sunroof ‘91 LX that needed tamed down from 1/4 mile hacks. Someone got a sweet deal. The T-top made it unusual, but it looked like a concours class car entry.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats par for the course at those type of auctions, I watch them as often as I can and most of the custom stuff go's for half the build costs unless they are tied to a charity with some richie-rich tv star builder attached, it also depends on the city, I like watching those auctions,
I missed out on a raggedy magazine built 93 cobra with a 4.6 cobra engine transplant, all the goodies but it was beat on and sold for 900 bucks, I knew what it was but nobody belived me, they choked when I showed then the mag article.

That does sound like a good price. But, keep in mind, I believe there are other fees associated with bidding / buying at a Mecum auction. Not sure how much, but total cost for that black t-top GT was more than $5,500.

I would have figured about double for a minty, un-molested GT T-Top.
But sales like this just help keep our hobby cheaper and guilt free about modifications. :) The pre oil embargo Mopar fans have to cringe at every piece of gravel on the clean, dry roads they dare smoke tires on. The 61-64 full size Chevrolet’s (affordable when I started driving) have skyrocketed in price.
I like we can beat on our mustangs, improve them, and have relatively easy access to replacement parts.

Reactions: 1 user
I would have figured about double for a minty, un-molested GT T-Top.
But sales like this just help keep our hobby cheaper and guilt free about modifications. :) The pre oil embargo Mopar fans have to cringe at every piece of gravel on the clean, dry roads they dare smoke tires on. The 61-64 full size Chevrolet’s (affordable when I started driving) have skyrocketed in price.
I like we can beat on our mustangs, improve them, and have relatively easy access to replacement parts.
I would venture a guess that 99.9% of people that show up to a Mecum Or Barrett Jackson auto auction are not there for a Foxbody. I do agree that these auctions are entertaining to watch.