Medusa Megasquirt.... help lol

• Sponsors (?)

this saturday log i made a little changes in driveway havnt driven yet since just wanted to upload it... log started on the orig tune in previous upload
took it for a ride made some changes runns decent on cruise deff needs more rpm on idle hit it and runs like dog :poo:,,, lol the egt are 700 degree on cruiser no good...

Attachments

• jimsuday.zip
    440.3 KB · Views: 83
  • took a chance.msq
    117.1 KB · Views: 73
i wonder if its from laptop freezing up ,,,, it does that i noticed. ,,, i made a little change and it deff ran better it started to warm up outside i noticed the afr dropping and hearing that lean pop.. i noticed where it was popping so i added 1 point... still very phat going into boost. i brought it home made a slight change in idle area runs good .... i have not driven since i made the little changes from a moment ago again very phat going into boost lol 10.0....Wilky

Attachments

• mondaym.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • medusa hot...2.0.msq
    117.1 KB · Views: 114
ran like asssssss was lean popping n the iac is acting up im going to take it off its the second one,,,, giving up for a little bit cars pissing me off... i posted 2 logs 1 is short the other one is long and had some issues the pump fuse blew... fixed it then continued on,, was running phat then lean and was a dog under boost....the tune i loaded is what its currently running on ,,,

Attachments

• ran like :poo:.zip
    539.8 KB · Views: 126
  • long ride lean poping junk.zip
    778.4 KB · Views: 84
  • ran decent tune.msq
    117.1 KB · Views: 152
do you have a log file of this happening?? if you are hitting the rev limiter it may cut spark, its all in how YOU have the tune setup.
I do not have a log of this happening. It took 3 guys to find out that the timing is all over the plsce. I set timing at 10 degrees on balancer. Matches comp on pc. Rev it to 3g timing goes to 40 on pc and 28 at balancer bring into 7-9 psi timing on balancer goes to 0 and reads 18 on pc . The only time the timing matches is on idle. The rev limiter is set 6500 kpa set at 250 .

ok so the timing is retarding with load, have you set the latency? this is one of the first steps that must be done so you do not have timing retard with increasing RPM. Its one of the things covered in the big ass tuning manual most people dont read, but its an easy fix.
Latency capture.PNG

The entry that says Spark Hardware Latency... start with a value of 200 and have someone strobe while you increase the RPM to see if the timing still retards. adjust the value as needed. [ I have gone as high as 1200]

EDIT: I just realized i sound like a ******* this morning, not my intent sorry

I do not have a log of this happening. It took 3 guys to find out that the timing is all over the plsce. I set timing at 10 degrees on balancer. Matches comp on pc. Rev it to 3g timing goes to 40 on pc and 28 at balancer bring into 7-9 psi timing on balancer goes to 0 and reads 18 on pc . The only time the timing matches is on idle. The rev limiter is set 6500 kpa set at 250 .
I had gotten pulled over trying to drive it and figure out what was happening. Was told to keep off the streets so
ok so the timing is retarding with load, have you set the latency? this is one of the first steps that must be done so you do not have timing retard with increasing RPM. Its one of the things covered in the big ass tuning manual most people dont read, but its an easy fix.
Latency capture.PNG

The entry that says Spark Hardware Latency... start with a value of 200 and have someone strobe while you increase the RPM to see if the timing still retards. adjust the value as needed. [ I have gone as high as 1200]

EDIT: I just realized i sound like a ******* this morning, not my intent sorry
OK I checked my settings. This would also show pc at 40 degrees and wheel 28 degree. I'm just trying to get a grip why comp would not say what balancer does if it matched at idle. Timing does change before it goes under load

Attachments

• 20190817_085033.jpg
    20190817_085033.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 71
Follow my instructions above, it is covered when you highlight latency. The system designers assume you would read the manual... or find an issue like you have and ask the question, now that you know what the car is doing and i have given you a solution the only thing left to do is fix it.

Id like to kno exactly what giant maunal that they explain spark hardware latency settings due to retarding timing.. Cause im lookin thru the tonnes of manuals and info i have on ms and i cant seem to find this information.. Also this is the first time ive heard that one of the first things you set up is spark hardware latency settings due to the megasquirt retarding timing that much.. If this info is so plentiful then how is it ive never read it or been told it.. The pic is the only info that i can find and its far from detailed..

Attachments

• 20190819_004204.jpg
    20190819_004204.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
It is in the manual, and its description is short and concise just like the info note its given in the ignitions settings menu.
If you notice the timing wander or retard with increasing rpm then you have one of two things happening, the latency needs to be increased or you have a mechanical problem.
The manuals would be 10000 pages if everything had lengthy explanations.

Bottom line is it's there to deal with the issue at hand, or the setup is mechanically to blame. To make this clear it's not a problem with the Ms, latency is the time it takes for a command given to be recieved. It's like a delay some systems have more than others.

What does the ignition system consist of?