Mega Ford Weekend at Mission BC

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking of going but they want $65 :eek: :eek: entry fee for drag racing...sheesh...that's a lot:notnice: . I just want to make a few passes to see what my car can do and maybe watch a bit of the action afterwards and then go home. I don't want to race the whole day. Why do they have to take the fun out of everything by making it so expensive.

Well it was a good time, and I came away with Outlaw 10.5 Runner Up, plus a wild bid in the True Street/Enduro class that saw me make three 10 sec passes in 9 minutes before the car got too hot to continue. One of my friends/customers with an 05 GT with a Hellion kit made a run that they told him was the Canadian Record for S197 Mustangs. He went 11.0x at 139.xx (sorry, can't remember the last digits). There are some pics that someone else took here:

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc162/wythors2/

-Matthew

I thought the Mega Ford rae was great too. I made a total of 12 passes, and could have made 1 more, as I sat out the 3rd time trial on Sunday. I was runner up in Open Comp, which was the largest class, having 6 rounds of eliminations. Lets see, a dozen passes, a RU trophy and $300.00, and the Mustangs still running, not too bad a weekend, I guess. Hopefully the car count was sufficent to allow another Mega Ford race next year, and more cars show up.

I was thinking of going but they want $65 :eek: :eek: entry fee for drag racing...sheesh...that's a lot:notnice: . I just want to make a few passes to see what my car can do and maybe watch a bit of the action afterwards and then go home. I don't want to race the whole day. Why do they have to take the fun out of everything by making it so expensive.

$65.00 is the cost of a normally braket race, however if we get to do this again next year there was talk of a lower priced Street Legal. Stay tuned...

Eric

www.megafordweekend.com