Mega Ford Weekend was awesome!

killrb

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2002
Stanwood, Washington
Just letting everyone know they you really missed out on a great event in Mission, BC this past weekend. The 2nd annual Mega Ford Weekend was held at Mission Raceway and it really was a great time. The weather was great and after the first round Saturday morning, the track got heat and rubber on it and worked out real well for everyone. One Sunday the track was good enough to see a side by side 6 second race with one of the cars going over 213 mph.

The variety and quality of the race cars was amazing and the car show drew about 50-60 cars. The best part was the people. If anyone from Canada is reading this post, you guys make for some really great company at a car event, Eh! I bet I have a dozen new Canadian buddies now!

N20Jnky got his 10 second time slip and convinced his wife to write a check for a new project car he found up there. I knocked .26 seconds off my current best, survived the True Street race, and won first place in the 1994-2008 Mustang class of the show (yes, that was a butt load of cars and I am very proud!)

Dave, LuAnn, Dave G. Will, Dennis, Bill, Randy, Earl, Terri (plus their two boys), my girlfriend Angie and I will all attest to this being a "must do" next year. Hopefully, Canada gets restocked on vodka by then! :D

Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

I will second B's comments from above... If you were not there -- you missed a great time!!!! I also have to completely agree with the racing company part of it... Some of the nicest people you will ever meet... Every one was willing to answer questions, show you there car and help you out if you needed it... We will definately be there next year and hopefully will be running the House of Koulors Sunset Pearl coupe!!!!

This was a great race/show event. This was only the second year so I am sure that it will continue to grow. Earl when you take the coupe back up next year be sure to call the seller so he can come watch his old car run 8's. One of the best parts is the way the thing is set up. You can walk the show area and see all the cars all the while not missing a single bit of the racing action since it just over fence. There was a very wide variety of cars racing and showing plus the Brown Bros. Ford tent. As Dave said to me when was the last time you saw two 2000 Cobra R's parked next to each other. Next year I plan to make it for the whole weekend, it sounds like you made need someone to keep you in line on saturday night. I don't think they are used to your kind around there.:D

Looks like a blast, I was looking forward to consuming some alky after the day events. :)

We were working on my rig all Saturday night and finally got it fired up around midnight.

"Next year!" :(

I love Canada, the people are great. Took a job up there at EA recently but immigration couldn't get in me fast enough in the time frame they needed my position. I was looking forward to living around Vancouver, but it isn't so bad out here either (at times). :)

Looks like a blast, I was looking forward to consuming some alky after the day events. :)

We were working on my rig all Saturday night and finally got it fired up around midnight.

:eek: The Cobra is back up and running again? That is great:nice: You owe me a race :stick:

I get back into country in another 4 weeks (October 16th), "we" as in You, Me, and Gabe need to get together after I get back. I am about ready to buy some seats out of a 04 Cobra, and will also be switching to a Viper spec T-56 and a few other upgrades as soon as I get back, Car should only be down for a couple of days. After that we need to get together.

Will

P.S. Sorry for the Hijack:D