Megasquirt tuning videos// what would you like to see explained in the software?

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
I am planning on doing a full youtube channel under my screen-name for the soul purpose of making "how to" tuning videos... If there is a function in TunerStudio you want explained, or you have a tuning issue and would like a video version of my explanation [with the open software to show you what to click and why im doing it] I am open for ideas on my first video!! I want to do some basic videos first and work up to the more advanced stuff but i dont mind going out of my way to make one to suit a specific need.

A link to the channel. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVrDyIvNkzJnqez9irfnntA

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thank You, you are and this forum is a wonderful resource for those of us who chose megasquirt with out enough tuning knowledge
I appreciate the kind words, It takes alot of time to make the videos and help people sort through the information when they have a problem. If you are interested in some one on one training I offer tuning classes and remote tuning services, PM me for details on these.

What about setting up the overrun? At least I think thats the setting. When I lift off the throttle it goes extremely rich for a second or two before coming back to stoic.
Sure but you dont want overrun to come on instantly, its more of a fuel cut during engine breaking or long coast times.

You are looking to cut fuel when you lift check the Accel Enrichments settings, what is the decel fuel % set to? Usually its set to 100% you can try cutting this down to 80% and see if that helps.

I would give you a video but my vehicle wont move on its own yet.

Sure but you dont want overrun to come on instantly, its more of a fuel cut during engine breaking or long coast times.

You are looking to cut fuel when you lift check the Accel Enrichments settings, what is the decel fuel % set to? Usually its set to 100% you can try cutting this down to 80% and see if that helps.

I would give you a video but my vehicle wont move on its own yet.

I think I found that setting and put it at 50% just to see what would happen. However I haven't had my car running since then to be able to check. I'll move it to 80% and go from there.

H i Everyone,
I am working on a 96 gt with a 4.6 2v engine. I am in the process of doing an on3 single turbo kit with a MS3X running the show. It started yesterday and idled fairly well with fixed timing of 10 deg. I'm to the point i want to start setting up my timing table. I have no idea what the stock table looks like. I know I can start with the stock table and then take out 1 deg for each psi of boost as a safe starting point. Does anyone know where I can find the stock table so that I can use that as a starting point? Also, if anyone knows of a good tuner for my setup in the Orlando area I could definitely use the recommendation.
Thanks in advance,
John

1996 Mustang GT Convertible
4.6 2v with stock internals
on3 70mm forward facing turbo kit
4" intercooler
Tial Mvr 40mm wastegate
Ford racing 47lb injectors
D585 LS style truck coils
Full sequential fuel and ignition