Melbourne area stangs

5.0's 4 ever said:
That is one rare intake manifold, if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?

After shipping, it was a little over $900. That included the intake, cobra computer, 65mm TB, 24# injectors, and all the other little bit's and pieces to make it work (valve covers, plumbing, K&N, etc.).

Droptop - Car's looking sweet man! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Bag- the wife's getting a bmw for her b-day(in april) so that frees up the stang for all out track duty, first to go is the back seat and then in goes a cage/seats/belts. Hope to have everything done by the end of summer, maybe we can plan a track day for sept/oct time frame.

update- just picked up the new car, a 2000 bmw 323i(prem pack/sports pack), its an auto for the wife but it drives like a dream. NO body roll, super brakes. The best car I've ever personal owned/driven.

thanks for the compliments guys. next step is to get rid of this 11 year old suspension...and I'm sure I'll be asking you guys plenty of questions along the way!

Bag, I don't think I've ever seen one of those intake manifolds before? I'm not a big mod motor guy, but I have seen more than a few of them...and don't believe I've seen that before. Don't think I've ever seen one on a roush stang either. Real nice looking piece though!

So David, when's the Bimmer making an appearance at the track? :D

Droptop - That's actually an intake for the good ol' 302 believe it or not. It's not a mod motor part. In your defense though, I only think they sold around 100 of them (I've heard estimates of between 75 and 300 :shrug: ).

baglock1 said:
So David, when's the Bimmer making an appearance at the track? :D

Wife said we could autoX it once(its an auto anyway). but i'll tell you the more i drive it the sweeter it gets, butter smouth power, just keeps on coming, completly flat/tight turning, wonderful stock factory brakes. For less then 20k i dont know of a sweeter car.

Hey guys, I dunno if this is old news or not, but the Brevard County Sheriffs Dept has purchased two black Mach 1's for use in the aggressive driving division. Obviously they have no external lights or markings, along with very dark tint. They're looking for tailgaters, speeders, no signals, and of course, street racers. So watch out around any black Machs.

erichmess_ said:
Hey guys, I dunno if this is old news or not, but the Brevard County Sheriffs Dept has purchased two black Mach 1's for use in the aggressive driving division. Obviously they have no external lights or markings, along with very dark tint. They're looking for tailgaters, speeders, no signals, and of course, street racers. So watch out around any black Machs.

Damn, thanks for the heads up.

erichmess_ said:
They gonna pull in alot of ricers.

Then they'll just spray their NAWS and rip through another 4 gears and get away. All the cop will see is a blue flame out the tailpipe and a fuzzy blur getting further and further away. And then that Lil Jon song will come on . Jeez Erich, don't you know that by now? :nonono:

erichmess_ said:
Yeah, that's for sure. It would be hilarious to see their faces, just when they think their ricer is pulling ahead a Mach 1, the red and blues come on. :bang: :rlaugh:
:owned::rlaugh:

Thanks for the info erich!:nice:

You guys probably already know this but, I restate it just in case. FHP now has unmarked Mercury Marauders for the same type patrols.

Its sad that ford coulnt sell the mercurys and machs to real owners, they end up in the hands of civil servants.

will the machs have that same cult following that the cop CHP 5.0s did? time will tell i guess...

AutoX update: April 4th at GIR, I won SM(15 cars) by .062 secs, i have a 18 point lead in the season standings(over christian). And the Sm trophy even had my car featured(its a plaque with a photo applied). Very sweet day.