MEMBERS WITH AFTERMARKET CAMS pleas come in here..........

• Sponsors (?)

well what stg cams do you want 1 or 2, well with the VT stg1 you get a nice little lope to it and the gains are decent no need for valve spring up grade. The VT stg 2's require spring upgrade and the gains are a bit better than the 1's the lope on it is more agressive, and of course you'll need a tune for either one to get he most out of them :nice:

I had VT Stage 2 cams with about 6000miles on them and never had any problems. They would stall sometimes but i just found out I had a hole in my vacuum line, boot melted on the egr valve. Loved them. I have Crower Stage 2 blower cams now but haven't got the car going yet, don't really know what they are like yet.

Hehe, it was an easy answer...I just couldnt help myself :rlaugh: . But I have to trace down some sort of problem....Im pretty sure my plugs are going south. The car is missing a hair down low and isnt running quite right...im going to check it out tuesday. But it has nothing to do with the cams...it also could be my jacking around with the PCV system. I have the PCV hoses just dumping out...and the vaccume ports pulling off the CAI. Ill check that out too.

hotmustang331 said:
Hehe, it was an easy answer...I just couldnt help myself :rlaugh: . But I have to trace down some sort of problem....Im pretty sure my plugs are going south. The car is missing a hair down low and isnt running quite right...im going to check it out tuesday. But it has nothing to do with the cams...it also could be my jacking around with the PCV system. I have the PCV hoses just dumping out...and the vaccume ports pulling off the CAI. Ill check that out too.

if it's missing at high load low rpm's check the plugs, modulars are very sensitive to this.

hey mike, what rpms are the stock valve springs good for?

one of the biggest things turning me away from getting cams is the inability of installing valve springs myself in a short period of time. she's my dd :(.

svttech76 said:
if it's missing at high load low rpm's check the plugs, modulars are very sensitive to this.

Thanks Mike! Well then now im pretty sure thats it then. Im also noticing a little stumble as Im letting off the clutch and giving some gas...right around 1400-1500 just after I fully dissengauge the clutch.

I know that you know ALOT about modulars, so im sure you know what plugs and what gap works the best on stock SB modulars :D . Any reccomendations?

Mine are sidegapped right now, so that GREATLY decreases their live...im think the gap is really widening, thus the stuble. Im also thinking the sidegap is hurting the upper end power...although it made the car have noticably more lowend part throttle power. Im not going to do it to my next set BTW. I was looking at autolights new 8MM plugs...they look to be very nice.

Stang|ess said:
hey mike, what rpms are the stock valve springs good for?

one of the biggest things turning me away from getting cams is the inability of installing valve springs myself in a short period of time. she's my dd :(.
I'm running VT Stage 2's and Manley nextek valvesprings.. me and my dad did the install ourselves in our small 1 car garage. It's not necessarily what RPM the stock valvesprings are good for.. it has to do with running the bigger lope cams because they'll put more pressure on the springs, that's why you need a stronger spring. It took us about 5 days to do the full install, we only worked half a day for about 2 of those days though and took many many many breaks during the valvespring install, which took 3 days on it's own. The main thing about it is you'll get frustrated and you just need time to cool off and relax and try again. Or you could always pull the heads to make it MUCH easier.

VT stage II cams and Comp springs. Idle had to be set at 650 to keep from stalling, but otherwise there are no problems. It pulls strong all the way to the new rev limit (6500) but I rarely pass 6000.

mrshl13 said:
VT stage II cams and Comp springs. Idle had to be set at 650 to keep from stalling, but otherwise there are no problems. It pulls strong all the way to the new rev limit (6500) but I rarely pass 6000.
I usually shift at about 6200, the power starts dropping off after that

I got a set of comp cams. I got the minor cams and didn't need to replace the springs. There was no break in period for me. As soon as my car was tuned it ran better and faster than ever. I had it origionally set to idle at 700 and it was awsome, my whole car shook. But it started to stall a few times at red lights so i moved it up to 1100rpm. still sounds good but i think im going to have it moved down to about 900.