Mercury Grand Marquis

bluevenom867

I will have images of molesting stuffed animals in
Dec 15, 2003
St.Petersburg,FL
I know its not a mustang,but might be getting an 03' Grand Marqius to drive around in.

It has the 4.6 SOHC,so what can you all do to it?

Also,any know if its an 8.8" rear?Cause I got a Eaton posi and 3.73 gears I would put in.Oh,and I suppose that would mean I need a chip or tuner,were could I find that for this car?

Also,how hard would it be to make a single turbo with intercooler for it?Im good with fabrication,so I can handle the piping.

• Sponsors (?)

Crown Vics and Marquis have the 8.8 rear also.

Marauders are pretty nice, they are a hopped up Marquis. They are decently quick for how big they are, they net around 300 HP and run low 15's... but the car is a barge on wheels, haha.

Forced induction would be the only way to go if you want to make it fast.

BurningRubber said:
Crown Vics and Marquis have the 8.8 rear also.

Marauders are pretty nice, they are a hopped up Marquis. They are decently quick for how big they are, they net around 300 HP and run low 15's... but the car is a barge on wheels, haha.

Forced induction would be the only way to go if you want to make it fast.

Having a Lightning with some mods (tuner,pulley,cat-back,gears,ect.) I know these Ford "barges" can move pretty fast :D atleast with the blower anyhow :rolleyes:

So,how would I go about setting up something like a blower or trubo?

Think a blower kit for like a 96-97 Mustang would work with some mods?

I assume the heads wouldnt be the PI heads.

bluevenom867 said:
Thanks for the links guys :nice:

So I take it that the bottom end would be the same as the stang then?They are fairly durable?

Look how many Crown Vic cop cars there, and how many Crown Vic/Marquis taxies and other service type cars there are. Must be good for something..:D