Mercury Mariner plugs/coils?

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
Need to do the plugs on the wifes Mariner and thought as long as im at it to replace the coils. I thought they were like $80 each but found this set on ebay
for all 6 coils and plugs for $77. Am i missing something here or is this legit?

• Sponsors (?)

They're probably Chinese knock-offs. If the words "US Stock" show up on the listing anywhere, run. Those are Chinese parts that are just in a US warehouse for faster shipping.

Honestly though, if you don't have a misfire, I wouldn't waste the money on coils. They're designed to last the life of the vehicle and usually do.

I have an Escape V6 and just make sure I have a few coils from the wreckers (I try to get the ones that still say Motorcraft on them). Can ohm check them to see if they are any good.

If you have a coil issue you will get a misfire code for that cylinder (030x for whatever cylinder it is).

Front plugs are easy, rears need to remove the upper intake to access.

Ok, ill pass on the coils

watched a video and it looks pretty straight forward for removing the upper intake. I cant seem to find a part number for the upper to lower intake gasket
though? Iv looked through the diagrams on tasca and it does not seem to list it? Are there any other gaskets id need?

Are the plugs pre gapped if not any ideas on what the gap should be?

For plugs I am using E3's, so no gapping needed. For gasket, I think mine was an o-ring type (2004 V6). If they are in good condition and not damaged, I just reuse them. It would be a dry gasket either way.

Reactions: 1 user