Mercury Messenger

Jaxxnate25

Apr 10, 2004
Good Evening,

Not sure if this is in the correct folder, but I was wondering if there was any new information regarding the production of the Mercury Messenger? This is the concept that was revealed last year in Detroit and was built on the new Mustang platform....To me, this was an amazingly beautiful car that I think needs to be built, but I haven't heard any new information. Is there anyone out there that can help with some inside info or updates?

Thank you,

Nathan

• Sponsors (?)

No new news that I am aware of. Somehow no other Ford product (except maybe the F-150) has the following that the Mustang has. So very few people (including the press) are out there trying to find out news about the Messanger (or new Cougar).

The only thing that I can add is I know that the Lincoln-Mercury dealers were told over a year ago that they would get a new Cougar that was based off the 2005 Mustang. Whether this will really happen I don't know, a lot of Ford's product plans have never made it to production. :bang:

When Ford announced the S-197 platform (2005 Mustang) they said that there would be 10 other cars made off the S-197 platform. About a month ago I saw a follow up article that had cut the number of S-197 vehicles down to 7. So was the new Cougar one of the 3 that have been chopped, or is it still on? :shrug:

Go back even further when the D/EW-98 platform first came out, Ford said that there would be many vehicles built off this platform. But only 3, Jag S-type, Lincoln LS and Ford Thunderbird made it to production . Now Ford has pretty much said that D/EW-98 is dead. :notnice:

I appreciate your help and info. I think a car like the messenger would do wonders for the Mercury Lineup...I know they do not currently make a car that would even get me into their showroom...I would rather have a Messenger than a Mustang for the sole reason that half the cars on the road in FL are Mustangs....lol...come on Mercury, BUILD THIS CAR.

Nate

I'm sorry to post but I just want to keep this thread alive. I've read these boards for months before I registered and the knowledge of a lot of you members is amazing. There has got to be some people out there who have the goods and information regarding the beautiful Messenger. I really don't feel right deciding to buy another car until I know whether the Mercury Messenger two seater is going to be built or not. Can some please help me with some inside info!

Thank you, Thank you,

Nate