merkur/ 79 cobra swap finished!!!

well i picked up a merkur xr4ti about a month ago, and ive been working on the motor, getting it ready to drop in. i replaced the main cap, and rod bearings, a few gaskets and main seals. i cleaned and painted it up. thursday evening, me and my buddy alex pulled the motor and accessories, then cleaned and painted the engine bay. we spent all day friday bolting on a new clutch and geting it dropped and bolted in. i started mounting the harness and accessories. so yesterday, i finished the harness, cooling system, fuel system and some other stuff, while alex built a mount for the VAM, radiator mounts, and welded up my exaust. so i went to start it for the first time, and what do you know? it fires right up! (with the exeption of playing with the distributor timing) so everything is done now, except i need a cone air filter (just picked one up, and im about to go install it. i also need an overflow tank, but ill make my stock one work temporarily. so in the next couple hours or so, we'll be taking it for its first drive. ill take some pics when i can get the camera back. anyone else do a similar swap? what are some of the issues you had??
~jeff~

• Sponsors (?)