Mexican Paint Job

Will I ever see that car again....lol!?

• Dumb or dumber

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

this site is the most complicated posting site in all of america...I dunno..lol

LOL... When you hit the REPLY button, it means you want to reply directly to that post. If you just want to comment in the thread, scroll all the way to the bottom where the text window is.

If you're using Tapatalk then I have no help for ya. It used to be good but now sucks. We'll be discontinuing support for TT soon.

I shoulda been born into this age....It's all so complicated..i still need help to scan and attach email....lol

Sheesh... You make it sound like like a job. You're probably doing it wrong... Try this:

Surf pRonZ and only pRonZ. Let me tell you... when it becomes a necessity to send a photo, attach it to an email, encrypt it (so the significant other can't open it), mask your IP so the Russian Cartels can't find you (how was I to know :shrug: ), then you will master these skills quickly. And it's all becuz pRonZ. :nice:

Sheesh... You make it sound like like a job. You're probably doing it wrong... Try this:

Surf pRonZ and only pRonZ. Let me tell you... when it becomes a necessity to send a photo, attach it to an email, encrypt it (so the significant other can't open it), mask your IP so the Russian Cartels can't find you (how was I to know :shrug: ), then you will master these skills quickly. And it's all becuz pRonZ. :nice:
got it..thanks man....

Hey Blue67 ....I did call Ponchos. i told them I would be down the 15th of Oct to pick it up, finished or not...I think it will be. They have a financial incentive to complete the car. It's been almost a year. not that i need the car, I just want the car. I miss the car. It'll take another year or so to get it all put back together. But Im patient...free storage down there...It's is safe so no real deep concerns. I've got a truck that need their TLC on a later date. He shows great workmanship so I'm expecting great results...He said something about running out of places to hide the dope...but he'll figure it out....lol

I haven't heard an update to this but I live in a border town in AZ and have taken my 65 stang to paint in Mex with no complaints. My stang had rust everywhere and bullet holes and other crazy stuff and they did a great job. The shop I used buys his paint in the US, where he saves u money is with labor. I went down there to check out the progress and I had 7 guys working on it at one time. The paint looked good all through high school and a couple years after but then rust began to bubble up. Just check any natrual voids and the seats to make sure they dont stash any dope in it, I have heard stories lol. my account pic is the stang with paint job from mex.

.not much to say. it's been close to a year...which is a long time. but, it's free storage from my standpoint. that's what my buds say. I can wait. I will call today. Supposed to go down sometime this month or in early Nov. to pick her up. They do take a while but they do do good work from what i've seen so far. We're gonna fly down and take the train from San Diego, maybe spend a night or two in TJ...thank the locals with a toast of their best Margaritas.......lol. From your statement, it sounds like it lasted all thru highschool and later? Rust is rust. I did remove all of it but it's pervasive and the longer it sits, well....it's bound to accumulate more. Hopefully not. If it goes five years or so or if i have the car that long, that'll be okay for me. I'll totally check for dope....lol

Well, the wife and i gave Poncho a dead line. We called and told him we'd be down done or not. So, we hopped a flight, got down to San Diego, with me wringing my hands the whole time. Not sure what to expect. Is it done? do I need to keep it down longer? Will I have to have someone else top it off? The worry went on and on. I can only be so patient.
When we got down there, Armando greeted us with open arms...Musta been good news...i hope i hope....To my surprise, he did infact finish her. And she was purdy. I was overwhelmed with gratitude. Not only did he finish her but he did a great job....like i knew he would. It only took 13 months....not a big deal but from San Francisco, I call that free storage....
20151214_150908.jpg
20151214_100209.jpg
20151214_100214.jpg
20151214_100322.jpg
20151214_100513.jpg
20151214_100539.jpg
20151214_100543.jpg
20151214_105002.jpg
20151214_105148.jpg
20151214_150908.jpg

Attachments

• 20151214_100201.jpg