MGP caliper cover rant..

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
This has to be the single worst, "Im not even gonna call it a mod", thing anybody can do to their car. What makes it even worse is these freakin things cost 200 bux. FOR FREAKING CALIPER COVERS!!!!!!!!! Now granted the majority of cars I see this on is 05 and up GTs, usually old guys, but I cant believe these things sell. Whats next MGP an intake cover that looks like a blower? I despise seeing these things, it makes me throw up in my mouth worse than see a shopping cart wing on a ricer.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't fool yourself, there is just as much rice for domestic cars as there is for imports, and there are just as much idiots ruining domestic cars as there are idiots ruining imports.

Funny, I just saw a very tastefully modified Civic on the road today, and I was thinking to myself how odd it was to see a civic owner with some taste. No spoiler, nice dark blue paint, mildly lowered and had what looked like an aftermarket exhaust but with no loud fart-can noise. And then I saw a new Challenger with hideous blinged out star-spoked wheels. :nonono:

I mean, those things arent cheap. I cant believe guys actually spend their hard earned money on those things. They remind me of those ghetto Cavaliers and etc that have those plastic wheel cover things that look like cross drilled rotors. LOL always good for a laugh! And on a side note I love how MGP advertises "Significantly reduces brake dust"!

Not only do I not understand why someone would spend $200 :eek: on these things, I can't understand why anyone wants to draw attention to their brake calipers? This makes just about as much sense to me as painting your weather stripping with metalflake paint! Why bother? :shrug:

Not only do I not understand why someone would spend $200 :eek: on these things, I can't understand why anyone wants to draw attention to their brake calipers? This makes just about as much sense to me as painting your weather stripping with metalflake paint! Why bother? :shrug:

:mad:

I just got done doing both these mods to my car this weekend and was about to post up some pics

:rlaugh:

Are those fake allen nuts on the dust covers?? Well, I'm still trying to invent something hideous like this.... b/c there are ppl that buy trash like this and someone is making some money! haha. I'll put these in the same category as those fake plastic fender vents. They are outright disgusting but once again, someone is making some cashola...

Screenshot2011-03-14at104233AM.png

Are those fake allen nuts on the dust covers?? Well, I'm still trying to invent something hideous like this.... b/c there are ppl that buy trash like this and someone is making some money! haha. I'll put these in the same category as those fake plastic fender vents. They are outright disgusting but once again, someone is making some cashola...

I'm going to buy a set of those to keep my turbo cool.