Fox MGW shifter handles?

91GTstroked

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hey guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my shifter. I'll double check what I actually have, but per the previous owners mod list I have a old Hurst shifter with a triax handle.

I'm familiar with the MGW shifters, but not sure what handle to go with?

Options:
-Race
-Comfort
-Standard

I'm leaning towards the comfort or standard one as I basically use the car for cruising. Nothing serious.

Just not sure between the two.

Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

The race handle is a little shorter, and thus increases the effort needed to shift. I didn't care for it. Ended up with the comfort handle which is a little easier to shift, easier to reach, easier drive on a daily basis, at least for me. My buddy's fox body has a "standard" handle which is sorta between the two; leaning more toward "race". I like the comfort better for what I use it for. If I had a race car, it wouldn't be with a T5 and putting a race handle on one that isn't dogring'd would be a waste, IMO. Prefer Liberty but I'm out of that game now.

Reactions: 1 user
The race handle is a little shorter, and thus increases the effort needed to shift. I didn't care for it. Ended up with the comfort handle which is a little easier to shift, easier to reach, easier drive on a daily basis, at least for me. My buddy's fox body has a "standard" handle which is sorta between the two; leaning more toward "race". I like the comfort better for what I use it for. If I had a race car, it wouldn't be with a T5 and putting a race handle on one that isn't dogring'd would be a waste, IMO. Prefer Liberty but I'm out of that game now.

Thank you for your feedback. I was leaning towards the comfort handle. You just confirmed my decision.

I actually like the standard handle. My car is just a cruiser, and I liked the shorter throw.

I did buy a race handle just to try it out, but it's sitting on my shelf at the moment

Reactions: 1 user