mgw shifter

i want to put an mgw short throw shifter in the cobra but i was wondering if it was hard to install by myself and if it came with everything i needed? i just got the cobra and i'm only 17 so i'm new to workin on cars, but i really like the idea of being able to say that i did everything to my car by myself. if its really hard then i would have a shop do it i guess. thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm doing mine this weekend on my 2001GT - TR3650 also. It comes with everthing you need pretty much. I got the gasket too but it's optional. There are instructions that come with it and it looks pretty straight forward. I noticed alot of color pictures with instructions if you search the tech forum. Consider changing you tranny fluid at the same time. Good luck.

I did mine about a month ago and took maybe 30-45 min. I think what took the longest was to celan off all the old RTV.

Just remeber to read the instructions all the way through once before starting.

Remeber NOT to get any old RTV into your Tranny.

Also, why you have the shifter open I would drain your Tranny fluid and replace it. You can just poor it in where you take the shifter out.

~K

Easy as pie. I did mine in around an hour, didn't really even have to look at the instructions. Take all the old stuff off and slap the new stuff on the same way. Watch out for the edges of the trim around the shifter though, they are sharp as hell. Cut my finger when the socket slipped of once. Good luck and you are gonna love it. The difference is night and day.