Mickey Thompson DR's on Pony rims

Klunky

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2002
Kansas
What psi should I run for the street? I'm not super concerned about the best launch or whatnot. I just want a good air pressure for the street that will help these tires last as long as possible. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Run stock air pressure on the street if you're not concerned about max traction. The most common misconception about tires, is that when you buy bigger, or non stock size tires that you should air them up more. Your year calls for 30 PSI in all tires. That is what I would run for maximum tire wear and comfort. This psi is recommended directly from Ford... And is in your passanger side door jam.

Nick

Stang8URMPRT said:
LOL... Wonder if coconut would give me a little more? Maybe 12-15 rwhp? haha! I just thought that was funny as hell when I saw it in his list of mods. Priceless. :nice:

whoa whoa. i wasn't ready to step up to the big leagues :nice:

don't mean to offend you Klunky, its just kinda of a weird thing to put in your sig

:D
Of course I'm not offended. I put the air freshener thing in my sig for a laugh.
I always figured since everyone was so serious about the mods in their sigs, that maybe I should lighten mine up a bit.
BTW strawberry made the car ping a little bit, so I switched back to vanilla and it runs great. :cheers:

Personally

89white50 said:
strawberry did the same to me :notnice: :mad: . guy at the counter screwed me

however, i went with yankee candle, rain forest i think, i $hit you not it was almost as good as the Kenne Bell. :hail2:

I personally run a wet 100 shot of Febreze car. :nice:

If their like nitto dr's you WANT lower pressure in them for max life. Too much pressure and the nitto's wear out the middles faster. This is on my pony wheels with 245/50's. I run about 24psi hot.