Microsquirt no start condition

New to microsquirt and still learning. I installed the microsquirt and wired the MAP sensor correctly with a vacuum from upper manifold. I changed the engine and injector size to the correct cc. Installed the LC-2 wideband and guage, everything is working correctly there. Timing is at or around 10, kind of hard to tell without it running. Is there anything i need to check or change before getting this thing to fire off? When I crank it, there is no sign of combustion until it loads up and backfires.

• Sponsors (?)

So, watching my rpm gauge it is only showing around 150 rpm while cranking which it is moving faster than that. This may be my problem? The Microsquirt not recognizing a startup condition? how do I change this?

Attachments

• 2019-11-11_17.06.27.msl
    90.2 KB · Views: 117
I'll look when I get home, but 150rpm is fairly normal cranking speed.

Put a charger on it.

What is the afr read when you stop cranking? Pull a plug and make sure they are not fuel fouled, if they have color post a pic

Ok pull them and dry them off, the car has too much fuel. Please post full engine specs and tune file used.

When it does not start or fails to fire it is best to flood clear after 5 seconds of cranking. To do this simply mat the throttle to the floor and crank to disable the injectors

Ford 408 Windsor flat top pistons e303 cam making 512 lift in intake and exhaust. gt40x heads 63cc combustion chambers, trickflow intake for 351w, has a 70mm throttle body on it but planning on changing to 80mm.

Attachments

• 11.msq
    117.6 KB · Views: 82
Ok so I went in and changed a few tables to suit your build. I also fixed the injector dead time settings. when you attempt to start the engine this time i want you to datalog the attempt for me so i can see what is going on. Make sure you have calibrated the sensors in the tools menu at the top of the screen this is imperative for successful startup.

Attachments

• maisonmays22.REV.1.0.0.msq
    118.6 KB · Views: 96
So, I verified the timing at 10 degrees. Verified the wires are correct. Flashed the tune you sent me. Calibrated the sensors maybe correctly... and still got the same results. I am going to get some new spark plugs and cables because im thinking there might be a bad connection somewhere with them. I attached a datalog of the attempt again. Let me know what you think a91what

Attachments

• 2019.msl
    450.6 KB · Views: 85