Microsquirt no start condition

• Sponsors (?)

So I followed all the rules, I installed my microsquirt and adjusted injector size and cubic inches, set timing to 10 with the spout in and not 180 off, calibrated all my sensors, checked all my grounds. I am losing my mind with this... it has spark fuel and air? where do i go now? Im getting ready to rip it all off and go get a carburetor because im not sure if it is worth all this trouble.

On my car I had to set the IAC setting to inverted for it to start. Post your tune file so folks can go over it. Also, a cranking data log file.

Usually, its something really simple.

I was there too. Was ready to take a hammer to my mspnp2. I even contemplated selling the car. My issues stemmed from the IAC setting and a bad computer ground wire near the battery. Steve a91what jumped in and helped me out big time.

Don't throw in the towel yet. Lol

On my car I had to set the IAC setting to inverted for it to start. Post your tune file so folks can go over it. Also, a cranking data log file.

Usually, its something really simple.

I was there too. Was ready to take a hammer to my mspnp2. I even contemplated selling the car. My issues stemmed from the IAC setting and a bad computer ground wire near the battery. Steve a91what jumped in and helped me out big time.

Don't throw in the towel yet. Lol
So what was your car doing before you inverted your Idle Air? Ill upload a data log and tune.

I just reviewed the datalog from your other thread, I can see the rpm signal into the ECU thats a good sign. Now what i do see is a spike in the MAT air temps [thats the temperature in the intake manifold] this happens when the spark fires when the intake valve is open.. so I am going to have to assume it is a mechanical issue.

it happens at 9s in the log during the start attempt, some things to check are the valve lash and the firing order.

My IAC was not opening correctly. It was opening too much during start up.

Double check the firing order. Make sure it's the HO order. My balancer was also incorrect in my first start attempt with MS. I checked with a piston stop in the number 1 plug hole and market the balancer.

There's really only one way for a heat reading in the intake. There's fire getting in the intake. Firing order can do this or a valve being too tight and hanging open.

My advise is to PM Steve. He walked me through all this stuff too.

Don't panic...stay calm. It'll work.