Microsquirt timing issues

Waz900

Apr 22, 2005
Sewell, New Jersey
Hey guys. I'm a beginner with this and I think i've turned myself around so much that i'm not sure how to correct my issue. Any advice would be appreciated. Its an 88 GT with a microsquirt. This is a brand new build for me, so I am working off of the stock tune in the microsquirt. I had it running ok and then all of a sudden it slowly chugged out and died on me. I tried firing it back up, but it was a hard start and it backfired. That was a few days ago. I had it running briefly today, but I couldn't get it to stay running. I believe its an issue with my timing. I have tried to mechanically turn the distributor just to get it started so I can dial it in with the trigger wizard, but I can't even get it to run currently. Attached are a few of my datalogs. The first one is when I had it running for a good amount of time the other day. The next one is when I had it running today for about a minute before it died. The last one is my most recent try to start it. It cranks and sometimes chugs like it wants to turn over, but it won't. Any insight is really appreciated.

Attachments

• 2021-07-11_14.42.20.mlg
    5.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 2021-07-13_19.44.46.mlg
    194.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2021-07-13_20.21.17.mlg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Sponsors(?)

StangNet created a new car social app called knowmoto! Add your Mustang or post a photo in the knowmoto app and enter for a chance at a $100 gift card from LMR. Click the LMR Logo for more about the knowmoto Mega Thread!

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
An .msq (tune file) helps. There are a few different versions of the base tune.
I have found that some of them come with the ign output set to "going high" but this does not seem to trigger the tfi correctly try setting it to "going low" and report back

Waz900

Apr 22, 2005
Sewell, New Jersey
I’ll give it a shot tonight if I can and I’ll report back. I just replaced my TFI module and my fuel pump. The long tune I posted before was right after I replaced the TFI.

Im very much new to this, but I’m trying to work through it. Thanks for your help with this.

Waz900

Apr 22, 2005
Sewell, New Jersey
The output was already set to going low. I went into my project and pulled out the file that I believe is the .msq file. I attached it here. I think I have an issue with my wideband gauge and I have to go over the wiring again. I have an AEM x-series 30-0300 wideband gauge. It has power, and I grounded it out to the signal ground (white/black) wire on the microsquirt. With key on, i'm getting a 14.54 reading on the gauge without even starting it. With the key on, the AirFuel Ratio 1 gauge on the computer is showing a 7.3 and constantly bounces at the bottom of the gauge. I also had it running for a few seconds the other day. Attached is the datalog from that session. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• crsettings_2021-07-13_19.56.39.msqpart
    1.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2021-07-13_19.44.46.mlg
    194.9 KB · Views: 0