Microsquirt v3 base tune

• Sponsors (?)

The DIYAutoTune base tune is a good starting point. The question is did you update the setting for the engine that you are running meaning injector sizing, engine size, etc? Also, to further assist could you please post the tune file that you are using.

Yes I changed the injector size, engine size calibrated the tps. It's cranking it just won't fire. Attached is the base tune that I took off the diy.

Attachments

• EEC4A8_Mustang302_331a.msq
    108.3 KB · Views: 68
It wont fire because its not the right base tune.. the one from DIY is meant for the MS2pnp and uses different hardware.

under ign settings you need to set the ignition output to WLED and "going Low"

if you dont correct this it will never start, if you dont change it to going low you will have timing advance issues.

It wont fire because its not the right base tune.. the one from DIY is meant for the MS2pnp and uses different hardware.

under ign settings you need to set the ignition output to WLED and "going Low"

if you dont correct this it will never start, if you dont change it to going low you will have timing advance issues.
Thanks for your response, I read that on another thread where you helped a guy get going. I made the changes and it fired up. It ran like crap and died. It wouldn't run long enough to let me check the timing at the distributor.
I watched your basic set up videos and made some changes to the tune offline, I'm going to upload them to the computer and fix the timing.
I had my timing set up for 14* with the da1 computer, so I'm going to try to get it around 10 or at the mark like you suggested.
Thanks for your help, ill report back tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
No problem, remember to get a clean idle its more than just where the idle valve is set.

Timing, fuel, and air all need to be balanced for a good clean idle

you can use the testmodes to force the idle valve to a high position to check and set timing.

Then lock the timing at 18* and drop the idle valve down slowly [in testmodes] let it settle in for 20s and then adjust the fuel to 14AFR keep this up until you reach your desired idle speed, keep note of what idle % gets you what RPM

Watch my idle tuning videos for more information

No problem, remember to get a clean idle its more than just where the idle valve is set.

Timing, fuel, and air all need to be balanced for a good clean idle

you can use the testmodes to force the idle valve to a high position to check and set timing.

Then lock the timing at 18* and drop the idle valve down slowly [in testmodes] let it settle in for 20s and then adjust the fuel to 14AFR keep this up until you reach your desired idle speed, keep note of what idle % gets you what RPM

Watch my idle tuning videos for more information
Awesome sounds good. Thanks again

Update, I realised that I didn't have my coolant temp sensor calibrated, fixed it. Checked timing got 22* at crank made a few changes and now it won't start without throttle. I found a vacuum leak where I forgot to put the line back on the distribution block, fixed it. I'm going to start fresh again.

I put the Stock computer back in set the timing to 10* and I still cant get it to idle. It seems like is misfiring pretty bad. The "pulse width" gauge on ts is red and maxed out and irratic when running with my foot on the pedal. I emailed DIY and the response is copied below. I'm thinking the pinouts are wrong or something. Does anyone have a base Tune they can share from a Microsquirt v3.

Hello,

The Megasquirt Plug and Play maps won't work directly in the Microsquirt. The setttings, inputs and outputs are different between the two. You can use the TunerStudio Reference manual to get a base map started, link to it here: Megasquirt 2 TunerStudio Reference 3.4 (msextra.com)

You could look at the Megasquirt map you downloaded to see how the VE, AFR, ignition and fuel tables are setup, to help you set up an appropriate start up base map, then tune from there.

Thanks,

Randy Pajer
Hoffmann Innovations, Inc.
d/b/a DIYAutoTune.com / AMP EFI
[email protected]