MIDWEST: why are we THE BEST?

• Sponsors (?)

I have also had a rather interesting realization with all the salt on the roads...Blizzaks are slick as **** on that stuff. A couple weeks ago I was getting on the freeway, sun was out, roads were completely dry, I came off the ramp and went over a lane. I was doing about 55-60 in 4th gear, gave it 3/4 throttle and the a$$end started coming around!

I could understand all the salt if this winter was like last year with a lot of ice or even a few days of snow, but we haven't had squat! I do think I read in the paper a year or 2 ago that if ODOT or the city don't use a certain amount of resources (aka salt) in a given season then they'll be allocated less the following year. I don't know the validity of the story but it sure sounds like the gov't!

CRZYHRSGT said:
I could understand all the salt if this winter was like last year with a lot of ice or even a few days of snow, but we haven't had squat! I do think I read in the paper a year or 2 ago that if ODOT or the city don't use a certain amount of resources (aka salt) in a given season then they'll be allocated less the following year. I don't know the validity of the story but it sure sounds like the gov't!
I agree 100%.

They have spread more salt on the roads this year than there has been snow around here.

Really...it was 68 yesterday. Rode the bike AGAIN. I've already put 300 miles on it in 2006. Woot!

Today it is supposed to break more records. I have a feeling we will get hit with more winter before March is done, though.

Never been to Ohio...

Thats ok, I've never been to Iowa. I talk to people from there sometimes when I do technical support. Cleveland isn't really that bad cept the weather has a tendency to suck in the winter. Plus I just had a really long day yesterday :(

The building I work at is right next to the highway so it can get VERY cold and windy walking in and out of work :( Prior to my office job, I used to work at Costco..first started off pushing carts ALL DAY, rain/snow/hail didn't matter (although they would wonder why I would sometimes get sick) and the building was right off the freeway as well. worst experience ever was getting knocked out in the parking lot when a guy needed help loading stuff in his truck, then closes the back hatch of a ford expedition ON MY HEAD.

ProCharger GT said:
worst experience ever was getting knocked out in the parking lot when a guy needed help loading stuff in his truck, then closes the back hatch of a ford expedition ON MY HEAD.
:lol:

You're over it, so we can laugh about it now. :p

When I look back now, I realize just how much fun those retail jobs were, no matter how much they seemed to suck at the time.

Ever heard of Jim Brickman?