Might be buying my first house this Thursday!!!

pleasehelp

Mar 11, 2003
Poplar Grove, Il
Man I so happy!! Went to look at a couple of houses couple sundays ago with my agent. The first one we saw we didn't care for. The very second one was perfect! As soon as we pulled up on it we knew this was it!! So then we go to get approved a couple days later and to our suprised we were approved for it! So then I say to my gf to make an appointment with the agent so she can show her parents the next day (last friday). Went to make the appointment with the agent but he didn't pick up cause he was with a client but we left a message. So he calls back and leaves a voicemail saying that he is sorry but someone already bought the house the nite before we got our approval! :mad: I was very pissed along with my gf!!!

So fast forward to last Sunday. We go out to look at 4 houses. Didn't really care for any of them execpt we wanted to double check one the next day and maybe put in an offer. Went back the next morning just to find out it needed a lot of work to get it the way we want it. So we said no to that. So our agen says he'll keep looking for more. We go to work and then go to check my voicemail and it's my agent saying that he has good news! I call him back and it doesn't even ring once and he is already saying "what's up!!", then he proceeds to tell me that the people that bought the house that we really wanted(and the reason we took out the mortage) are backing out and if we still wanted it we can have first dibs on it!! I say hell yeah!! So now we just signed all the paperwork and just have to make an offer on the price and see if they accepted! :banana:

So just to make the long story short; we get with an agent and already want to buy the second house we looked at, go to get the mortage for it but someones beats us to the house then get really pissed and take a look at a few more homes and almost buy one that I didn't care for, agent calls back and says the people are backing out that beat us to the house that we really want and now are about to make an offer on it and are happy as hell!!!

I'll try to post pics......

66604.jpg

2005666041.jpg

2005666042.jpg

2005666043.jpg

2005666044.jpg

2005666045.jpg

:hail2: :banana: :nice:

Will post more info on it later!!

Discuss....

Attachments

• 66604.jpg
    66604.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 2005666041.jpg
    2005666041.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 2005666042.jpg
    2005666042.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 2005666043.jpg
    2005666043.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 2005666044.jpg
    2005666044.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2005666045.jpg
    2005666045.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, the house has 3 bedrooms, finished lower level has bathroom with stand up shower, fireplace, 3 season porch(w/ lights and ceiling fan!) off the master bedroom that is connected to a deck off the living room, valted ceiling, exhaust fan in hallway(for when gf burns something while cooking or ironing), 1st floor laundry, newer water heater and furnace, walking in closet in master bedroom along with bathroom, 2 car garage( :( ), and all on a corner lot to boot! :hail2: :banana:

Oh, the flat top stove, dishwasher, refrigirator, and washer/dryer stay too!! :spot:

Good for you, home ownership is the way to go, beats paying rent. Hope you included repairs and upkeep in your monthly budget, no landlord to pass the bill onto anymore. Take my advise its pretty simple, do one room at a time and finish it before moving to another. I purchased my second home power of sale, yea I got it cheap, but it took lots of TLC to bring it back into shape, we closed off sections that we didn't use or didn't have the cash to do right until we did. Now I own two homes one which is rented out, painted it on the cheap, try going several paint stores (they always have paint that for what ever reason didn't get tinted correctly) if the color is close to what you want or one that you can live with you can get it cheap. I've picked up some of this paint for $5 bucks a can, and most folks always buy two gallons so for $10 bucks you can paint a room. Another thing learn what you can do yourself and what should be left to those in the trade.

BTW why didn't you just put a conditional offer (subject to financing) before going to the bank. That way you'd have tied up the house pending bank approval and not had to look at any other places.

That's great man. Congrats. I got really lucky when I started looking too. Mine was actually the first house we looked at. I had told the wife that I either wanted an oversized 2 car garage, a boat pad, or a gate to the back yard big enough to drive cars/trucks through. My only other demands were rock/brick, newer windows, and central heat/air. Well, she finds this house in a nice suburb that has a boat pad, so we come look at it, and it had everything! Rock, brand new convertable windows, new heat/air, slab foundation, my garage is the biggest in the entire neighborhood, gate access to the back, and it has an added on boat pad on the side of the driveway. Plus we got it for $20k less than appraised because the previous owner had to get out of the payment or she was going to go under. You're going to love owning your own home.
Brandon

Good luck making it final. I'll hopefully be buying a home in Feb. or March. I'll have a little over $20 of my own money then will borrow another $40 from my granddad and parents for the down payment. I have at least three good friends, maybe four, that want to move in, so they'll pay rent to pay the mortage while I repay the money I borrowed. After two or three years, they'll probably all have moved on and I'll own a home and just have to keep up with a mortage payment. I'm looking for a four bedroom, two bath with garage, don't care about land, in the $270-$310 range.

Grn92LX said:
Good luck! Buying a home is a BIG step in life. It's gonna be very tough for me as the average house in my area is $500k. Where do you live?

I can't even afford a house in my neighborhood if I were to buy it today. I got in 3.5 years ago.

Congrats, hope everything goes well for you.