might be getting a new house ...

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats. that is a hefty reduction in mortgage. MD is not cheap, are you staying in MD or is that after big down payment?

We only have a 1 car garage (60yr old house). The next home we buy will have at least a oversized 2 car...or a 2 car and a pole barn/room for a pole barn. If we did not just replace the roof we would have our house on the market right now...down market and all. We are shooting for around this time next year or early 12' at the latest.

I would love it as well. Looking at some out of the way areas on land (not that out of the way though). Wife was looking getting an idea of what we could get in our price range near some current co-workers of both of us (140-160ish with our cheap arses). Found some homes on 3.5 acres 2yr old homes 2-3 car garage 3 bedroom walkout basement (unfinished) for $135-140's...these are $180-220 at least with 1/4acre lots 10-15min closer in were we would be looking otherwise. Subdivision homes in this same area are going for $112-120...freakin nuts...and they were not much higher in the boom years either.

We may be forced to be kinda rural anyway. The wife is thinking about quiting her job (medical billing) and taking over her fathers business again. He is more comfortable with things improving and himself looking into actually retiring now. Problem is the tool truck is not legal for most subdivisions due to weight and size (Snap-on franchise owner 30+yrs).

Blackvert- are you selling your home or already sold it? Didnt you also have a beach house you were trying to sell as well?

only moving 2 blocks from where i am right now. it's a big downpayment. we are hoping to sell the one we are in currently for 875,000 and getting this one for about 675,000. it is 2 levels with 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.

yep, you heard me right. a tiny house with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and tiny year for $675,000 :bang: he is actually got i t listed right now for $729,000, but it has been on the market for 6 months and there has been very little interest in it

but it has a big ole 2 car garage!

i wish i only had a 95,000 mortgage :drool:

What house doesn't have a 2 car garage?

cheap ones lol

For us car guys, it seems that way, cause we always look at the garage when buying. lol
But in my town, a lot of the yuppie-type people spend A LOT of money on houses that were built when garages weren't a necessity. There are some large expensive houses in my town that have carports.

I lucked out, my house was built in '63 and my 2-car garage was built to house friggin Galaxies or Imapalas from those days. I've had my parent's 2009 extended cab long bed F-150 backed in next to another car in my garage with plenty of room to close the garage door (before I moved my tools in though). :nice:
My parents have a 5/3 with a 2-car which was built in '98, and my dad can't park his Grand Marquis in the garage, cause it sticks out.:notnice:

BlKSN,
Sounds like property values up there are similar to Central Fl.
My mom has family in Cali, and I don't understand how people there justify buying 3/2's there when you could get a small mansion for the same price here.

only moving 2 blocks from where i am right now. it's a big downpayment. we are hoping to sell the one we are in currently for 875,000 and getting this one for about 675,000. it is 2 levels with 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.

yep, you heard me right. a tiny house with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and tiny year for $675,000 :bang: he is actually got i t listed right now for $729,000, but it has been on the market for 6 months and there has been very little interest in it

but it has a big ole 2 car garage!

i wish i only had a 95,000 mortgage :drool:

Dude that's insane. I paid $147K for my house. 4/3 with a 4 car garage and 2200 square feet of air conditioning. We opened up a Dulles base about 4 months ago. Thank god I didn't go there.

Kurt

its amazing the differences in locations. That house by my parents would be 250k. by my work (50mi away), would be easily 450k.

hopefully you can sell your house and move into that one. maybe there you won't get snowed in for a week!

BlKSN,
Sounds like property values up there are similar to Central Fl.
My mom has family in Cali, and I don't understand how people there justify buying 3/2's there when you could get a small mansion for the same price here.

STL is generally a low cost of living area compared to other places, most places rate it a 0 on the cost of living increase if you move. They have some SUPER expensive areas but there is generally an area within 5-10min drive that is cheaper...depends on what area is "hot" or "in fashion". I hope to be ahead of the curve. I have family in SoCal in Orange/ Riverside...they also own a several hundred acre ranch = $$$$$$$. Working were I do I get to see things from all over the country (mortgage biz) and CA is nuts...

Blkvert - best of luck. post pics when you do this.

Dude that's insane. I paid $147K for my house. 4/3 with a 4 car garage and 2200 square feet of air conditioning. We opened up a Dulles base about 4 months ago. Thank god I didn't go there.

Kurt
dude, you have no idea how jealous i am of that. if sold my house, moved there and bought one like i want there, i'd still have like $300K left over.

imagine what my stang would be like then ... :evil:

blacksn: yes we have a beach house too. it is not for sale, but we rent it to friends when we can

dude, you have no idea how jealous i am of that. if sold my house, moved there and bought one like i want there, i'd still have like $300K left over.

imagine what my stang would be like then ... :evil:

blacksn: yes we have a beach house too. it is not for sale, but we rent it to friends when we can

There is always a downside, I do have to live in Georgia.

Kurt