Might sell the '86 for an '04 Cobra

• Sponsors (?)

Ok ok, enough with posting Camaro exhaust vids in my thread. The new 5.0's just put out a very raspy sound to begin with. Old 5.0's could get away with taking off the mufflers and running nothing but cats, and still sound throaty and mean. These new engines just dont produce that sound. Flowmasters actually sound like complete ass on the new 5.0 if you ask me, and they are the classic sound pushrod 5.0's have been known by... To those comparing those camaros, its really no comparison between pushrod sound, and over head cam sound honestly.

i like my exhausts loud enough i cant hear my self talk. if it were my choice i'd run open headers everywhere. And the only exhaust thats sounds bad on new 5.0's is borla. Herd one at the drag strip and good god that literally sounded like it was farting.

Ok ok, enough with posting Camaro exhaust vids in my thread. The new 5.0's just put out a very raspy sound to begin with. Old 5.0's could get away with taking off the mufflers and running nothing but cats, and still sound throaty and mean. These new engines just dont produce that sound. Flowmasters actually sound like complete ass on the new 5.0 if you ask me, and they are the classic sound pushrod 5.0's have been known by... To those comparing those camaros, its really no comparison between pushrod sound, and over head cam sound honestly.
I looked at some videos on youtube of the american thunder flowmaster kit, some had x pipes installed....I think those sounded close to the pushrod flowmaster sound, although you are right it does get raspy up high in the revs. That's the one I'd go with if it were me, but you will no doubt get the drone.

The hushpower flowmaster kit actually sounded pretty good too. Not sure if they would drone as bad as the american thunder kit.

i like my exhausts loud enough i cant hear my self talk. if it were my choice i'd run open headers everywhere. And the only exhaust thats sounds bad on new 5.0's is borla. Herd one at the drag strip and good god that literally sounded like it was farting.

If you want loud, Flowmaster original 40's and dumps with off road h or x pipe is wicked loud. I can set off car alarms with mine. It's a good kind of loud though, not raspy straight pipe crap.

I agree with you on the borla though.

Heard a 5.0 Stang with some side exhaust from Spin tech...It turned everyones head when he started it. Allas, I am partial to some good ol flow masters. Love that sound when I'm on my way to work every morn drinkin my cup o coffee :)

Reactions: 1 user
yuck
sounds like an old chevy truck to me :shrug:

Hands down the best sounding car I've ever heard was my 99 Cobra with long tubes, o/r X, and a Bassani (I think it was a Bassani) cat back. However, I have to disagree. While I've definitely heard better, where I live there are tons of Chevy trucks, and 90% of them are straight piped. Compared to the video I posted (IMO) that GT sounds 100X's better. Everybody has their taste, and camera's have a hard time picking up sound, so it can be hard to pick an exhaust by listening to videos on the internet.

Hands down the best sounding car I've ever heard was my 99 Cobra with long tubes, o/r X, and a Bassani (I think it was a Bassani) cat back. However, I have to disagree. While I've definitely heard better, where I live there are tons of Chevy trucks, and 90% of them are straight piped. Compared to the video I posted (IMO) that GT sounds 100X's better. Everybody has their taste, and camera's have a hard time picking up sound, so it can be hard to pick an exhaust by listening to videos on the internet.

Did you get yours on yet???

Did you get yours on yet???

No not yet. I have several other jobs lined up that I have to take care of before I can get to it unfortunately. When I get to it I will be busy since I have a whole pile of parts sitting here for the car. That's not yours is it? This was the video that sold me on the Pype Bombs since this is the sound I want at idle: