mild HCI, would i benifit with 3 " exhaust if add boost? and SC questions...

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i have a mild HCI, thumper e7s, b-cam, typhoon intake. and alot of bolt ons, for more specific click on my car domain.

in the next month or 2 i am finally buckling down a getting a SC, i have been saying i am for a while but havent done it yet. now is the time.

i plan to start out with some low boost, 5 lbs and work my way up to 8-10

would i benefit from a 3 inch exhaust diameter? i figured more air in, more out out, a bigger tube for the exhaust would help but i dont exactly know where the fine line is to upgrade exhaust diameter...

also
on vortechs SC kits, whats the difference between the S-trim, SC-trim and T-trim?
the SC-trim is the low boost kit according to their site

the S-trim appears to be the v-2 compressor and the T-trim appears to be a v-1 compressor. what the difference between the SC and T trims, they are the same compressor. so is it just pulley sizes?

and what would be a better kit to get, vortech or paxton? i was wanting procharger but its too much cash at the moment. i was thinking i could just the get base kit making low boost and get a smaller pulley and run more boost when i decided to, is their any con to throwing on a smaller pulley on the base kits as opposed to just buying the higher boost kit to start out?? i am assuming changing the pulleys would void any warranty but is there anything other than that that i should consider????

• Sponsors (?)

cool i was thinking of getting a nice set of longtubes with teh 3" collector and just welding up my own midpipe maybe make it shorter than the regular and just dump it.

why exactly would dumping it help over having tail pipes??

Keep in mind that dual 2.5" exhaust setups don't become a restriction until you start getting into the 600+rwhp range. You'll have to ask yourself if it's worth all the trouble for the small gains in performance.