Minor suspension work - Nice results

mikes2008gt

Founding Member
Sep 29, 2002
Arlington, Texas
So with 139k on my car, I figured the shocks were toast...especially since everytime I'd go over a small bump in the road, the car felt like it was bottoming out! So I put Tokico's on this past Saturday and have to say what a difference!!! I can actually feel the suspension doing what it's supposed to do now when I'm on a bumpy road. Totally satisfied!

I also replaced the front sway bar bushings and steering rack bushings. Sway bar bushing looked rotten, they were in bad shape. Piece of cake to swap. Steering rack bushings were a little harder to replace. I only replaced the front two so I have to go back and do the rear ones. I wasn't able to get the tubes out. I've done a little more research since then and think I can get it done now. Anybody else tackled this job and had a hard time getting the bushing tubes to come out so you can remove the rear bushings?

But even with the shocks, sway bar bushings and front rack bushings replaced, I can definitely tell a difference in how the car feels now. Very inexpensive and well worth it! :D

• Sponsors (?)