Minority

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, im sure if you go back far enough, their acnestors came from somewhere in asia and crossed the bering straight while chasing some wooly mamoths....

it all depends on what one considers their ancestors, and how far you look back.

• Sponsors (?)

*sigh* My point was made, irregardless of nit picking....

But to clarify, I was referring to those immigrants who emigrated to the sovereign nation known as the United States of America, post said nation receiving internation recognition as a sovereign nation in the year 1783 AD. Furthermore, my statements were made in the context of the current racial/ethnic mix which constitutes contemporary "American" society. Better? :)

Swarzkopf said:
WTF is your philosophy class talking about?

ACTUAL statistics:

So let's see....69% of the US population is white and the closest racial group to this is Hispanic at 14%.

To me, it doesn't look like whitey is losing it's grip anytime soon...

My point was that the white population is large and still remains to be the smallest in correctional facilities. While the black and hispanic communities have larger numbers in jail.

Swarzkopf said:
Those who have the balls to immigrate here are usually the brightest, most clever, resolute, and strong willed of their race and help to contribute to the US's longterm greatness.

Agreed ..... but with the exception of the "illegal" immigrants. How are they contributing? By cheap labor?

My point was that the white population is large and still remains to be the smallest in correctional facilities. While the black and hispanic communities have larger numbers in jail.

...and when Italians, Irish, and Germans came over here and lived at poverty level, they filled a higher population of our prison system as well.

As far as blacks go, they aren't/weren't "immigrants" in the classic sense and are certainly a special case. Irregardless, it's my firm belief that socio-economic and cultural conditions foster crime, NOT one's genetic racial profile. Perhaps you disagree?

Agreed ..... but with the exception of the "illegal" immigrants. How are they contributing? By cheap labor?

We are on the same page. Illegal migration is a separate problem and quite honestly, has nothing to with [sarcasm]"THE GREAT WHITE RACE"[/sarcasm] being overrun by hoardes of mongrols...

Illegal immigration would stop tommorow if our politicians stopped flirting with the issue, and instead made it a felony, punishable with jail time, to employ an illegal alien.

hey i think it could happen look at the world population!! then you might change ur mind. see where us white ppl stand. Also i think instead of punishable jail time for illegal immigrants we build a giant wall across the borders and shoot the trespassers as they cross by having guards patrol the wall. That will solve that issue

Are you serious, I doubt white's will become a minority, you really think we're going to get enough immagrants to change the white's to be the minority? this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Agreed.

Also i think instead of punishable jail time for illegal immigrants we build a giant wall across the borders and shoot the trespassers as they cross by having guards patrol the wall. That will solve that issue

And how much will your giant wall and all your guards cost us taxpayers?

...how much will my proposed legislation cost?

A Senator or Representative thinking of it also does not make it a good idea by default...Senators and Representatives have been known to do some pretty stupid things.

I didn't say we should imprison illegal aliens, that'd be assinine. Re-read my post.

lol, shooting illegal aliens? are you forgetting about when the europeans came over and literally killed off the natives, STOLE their lands and called it "manifest destiny?"

i'm w/ you, swarzkopf. but i also think that the subject of illegal aliens is also a humanitarian issue and not just a socio-economic one.

No doubt that it's an extremely complex issue Ram...

Reduced to it's simplest nature, the fact is that illegal migration has a dual nature:

1. It reflects and is caused by the oppurtunity for dirt poor Mexicans to illegally make money in the US to send to their families.

2. It becomes problematic for the American working class who are forced to compete with illegals who's cost of living in Mexico is so low that the wagers they require drive Americans out of work.

The only solution that America, on it's own, can address is to cut off the availability of work for illegals here. Making it a felony to employ illegal aliens would do this.

The long term solution is for the Mexican government to build an economy strong enough that illegal migration stops being necessary...but so far, the Mexican government has proved incapable of doing so, even with BIG help from the US government (ie NAFTA).

There are Mexican users here on SN, as well as other minority groups that may be from countries that involve illegal immigration .... I wonder what their perspective is on illegal aliens in the U.S. & the problems with the government in those countries? I just wonder if people who may have lived in those countries, and are U.S. citizens now, have the same perspective.

Larry Flint, who began hustler magazine, had the best idea ever, IMO, on illegal aliens.

Instantly grant everyone here amnesty and a citizenship, give them all social security cards, and tax them like we all get taxed. Then build a wall 20 feet high and 4 feet thick across the southern boarder.

I adamantly refuse to pay money to jail illegal immigrants. I want their tax dollars. I have been getting taxed since I was 14 with a workers permit and everyone else should getting taxed as well.

In terms of what the original poster said... its far fetched but there is a kernel of truth. Some state's, like Massachusetts, have declining populations. Thats scary.

Swarzkopf i agree with you on a majority of your points.

the bottom line is everyone had a distant or a recent family member who came to this country as an immigrant. it doesn't matter the color of your skin or religion. at some point someone in your famliy line was looked upon as an immigrant. just like some people in this thread are looking upon immigrants. shame on you, you are just repeating the cycle of hate.

and people who proclain that they are white, IMO just show that have no idea what family background they come from. IMO no one is white or black, but everyone does have heritage from a country or number of countries. but those same people don't proclaim from what heritage they are made up from. they will proclaim that they are white, which means nothing. another sheep in the herd.
but the ones who procliam proudly what heritage they come from, show the truest form of self pride. not that it means that they are better than any other person, but it shows they know where they really come from.

Warning - RANT! SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC! AND LOOOONG.

Bah, this whole celebration of diversity left wing crap is tearing the country apart.

If someone asks me my heritage, I tell them damn proudly that I am an American. I get aggravated when people come to this country and expect it to recognize and make allowances that because your skin is a different color, we have to kowtow to your traditions.

Imagine moving to China and expecting the Chinese government to grant you special concessions because you don't speak Chinese? That's laughable, but its just what a lot of people want and expect and GET here in the USA.

I don't care how many rice paddies, or beans, or raviolis, or potatoes (in my case, my ancestors are from Ireland) you have on your back when you get here. You came to this country because you realize how amazing it is. Respect it. Don't expect it to respect you. My parents taught me at an early age that if a person or group wants respect then they should SHOW IT FIRST. Not demand it.

You aren't African American, you are American African. You aren't Latin American, you are an American Latin. I'm not a European American, I'm an American European. You made a choice when you come into this country to put it in front of the land of your birth. Therefore I will treat you as an equal, until you prove otherwise. I will not give you handouts, I will not expect handouts from you. Ever. Contribute actively to this country and repect society in a responsible and moral fashion, and you might find yourself on my front porch with a cold one in your hand. Regardless of what country / culture you are from.

And what kills me is that a lot of people, especially on the left these days, thinks it bad / rascist / fascist to be proud to be an American. Why is this bad? I don't think I'm rascist, I just think it pisses me off that this country is obsessed with highlighting its citizens differences and we almost NEVER celebrate what we have in common. If we continue down these roads, we will in the name of political correctness and understanding segregate ourselves.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.