Misfire Cyl 4

Jamessandlin

Aug 17, 2020
Kentucky
So I changed the spark plugs/wires and the cyl 4 fuel injector and the light and code went away for a week, popped back up ( even though there is no actual misfire now ) and it keeps coming on, again there is definitely not a misfire, why is the code still popping up? I know I need to replace the upstream o2 sensor, could that be a problem with changing the fuel injector since the upstream o2 is fuel related?

• Sponsors(?)

cbxer55

Jan 25, 2020
Oklahoma
I had a misfire code for a while. At first it was random, then it was cylinder two after I did a plug, wire and coil change. Ended up the end wasn't on the plug tight enough. Pulled it off, applied more dielectric grease, reinstalled it, no more misfire codes. I also have been running Berryman's B-12 injector cleaner in the tank for quite awhile. It has Acetone, MEK and Methanol in it. Best injector cleaner there is. You might try some just for :poo:s and giggles. These vehicles are old and injectors do get plugged up. Especially if they've sat for any prolonged period of time.

Try getting the fuel filter changed as well.

Jamessandlin

Aug 17, 2020
Kentucky
I did notice the wire on Cyl 4 sticking out a lot more then the others but it doesn’t go back further, from 4-5-6 they stick out a little less going down like a pattern