misfires on turbo and vaccum leak help!!

0G2T

Sep 18, 2008
Hey guys. I have been having trouble with my turbo 4.6 running 16psi . everytime am wot i get a misfire code. thus far i have pulled po306 and po302.Not sure what to do about this. Also i have my climate control vaccum source hooked up to the stock location. So it is seeing vaccuum and boost. The problem with this is i think i am creating a boost leak through the climate controls. Could this be true? If so where should i relocate my climate control vaccuum source to. Could these two problems be related?

• Sponsors (?)

What plugs are you running and at what gap?

As for the HVAC, you might want to consider a one-way check in-line with the source for the HVAC to help keep boost pressure out of the works.

Do you mean 0.030"?

If the codes are "sticky" on cylinders 2 (P0302) and 6 (P0306), try swapping those two coils with the ones on cylinders 1 and 5. Erase the codes and see what happens. If you pull P0301 and P0305 you know you have two bad COPs.

As for the checkvalve, it's only an idea. You might consider something like the following:

cv316b.jpg

Plumb the valve into the vacuum source line for the HVAC near the manifold so that the "flow" arrow points toward the manifold. This way, only vacuum is applied to the controls. When boost is present, the valve shuts and the HVAC is isolated.

See more at Boomba Racing, Inc. :: Check Valve

There are probably OE valves from turbo cars that would work too (my 1.8T GTI DD has a bunch of check valves under the hood...)