Missing Options?

Ok some of you may think this is weird, but why isn't there a compass on the new 'stang? Most cars have them now, so why not the coolest car on the planet? Heck, even my wife's PT Cruiser has one. If I've missed seeing it, please let me know. :shrug: I've sat in a GT with the of all options on it, but the sales guy really didn't know much about it (I think I gave him a few lessons).

Also, I wonder why you can't get a sunroof or t-tops or something to let the light in if you really don't want the convertible 'stang? I haven't seen Ford offer a hole in the roof on a Mustang for years. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I really like the 05's and I will get one when the time is right (for me). I'm waiting to see something a little extra like a Boss, Mach or Bullitt version being that my convertible days are over. (It's my wife fault. The top donw makes her hair all messy and oily). :bang:

I am kind of jealous of those of you that already have your GT's or have at least driven one. These posts are great - I really enjoy getting everyone's impressions. :nice:

Thanks
Brian

• Sponsors (?)

95Nelson said:
Also, I wonder why you can't get a sunroof or t-tops or something to let the light in if you really don't want the convertible 'stang? I haven't seen Ford offer a hole in the roof on a Mustang for years. :rolleyes:

I saw a '99 that had a sunroof put in after purchase... looked weird as hell. :notnice: I think the '05 would look equally as weird.

I heard that Ford is not going to put in sunroof because it would lower the sales of verts. But in my opinion, the car should have one. I don't know how it would look, but I'm pretty sure it would be fun to drive (in sun and snow).
As far as the compas :shrug:
What for?

The coolest car on the planet doesn't need to be loaded up with crap, making it just like every other car on the planet. :notnice: The color change gauges.....fine, okay, you had your fun, now get a move on with some stripped down racer versions. :nice:

I wish the new stangs had sunroofs. My '88 has a factory Sunroof and any day that it's nice out, i had it open.

In my '03, i feel closed in.....even with the windows down.

I agree, what do you need a compass for? Thats just crap that would get the price drove up.

As for the sunroof, that would be cool..t-tops never worked on any car..lol

Scott_B said:
t-tops never worked on any car..lol

I have an '85GT with T-tops. I think it pulls it off quite well.

I agree though, what do you need a compass for? EVery car i drive with one, i never use anyway. Just 1 more thing to drive up the cost of the car and then break in 4 years

Mustang5L5 said:
I agree though, what do you need a compass for? EVery car i drive with one, i never use anyway. Just 1 more thing to drive up the cost of the car and then break in 4 years

well its almost a standard feature now, just a little display on the mirror. im not sure if i ever heard of an electronic compass breaking

ryanrule said:
well its almost a standard feature now, just a little display on the mirror. im not sure if i ever head of an electronic compass breaking
If you really want to know which direction you're going just look for the moss on the east side of a tree...or is it west? :shrug:

95Nelson said:
Ok some of you may think this is weird, but why isn't there a compass on the new 'stang? Most cars have them now, so why not the coolest car on the planet? Heck, even my wife's PT Cruiser has one. If I've missed seeing it, please let me know. :shrug: I've sat in a GT with the of all options on it, but the sales guy really didn't know much about it (I think I gave him a few lessons).

Don't get me wrong, I really like the 05's and I will get one when the time is right (for me). I'm waiting to see something a little extra like a Boss, Mach or Bullitt version being that my convertible days are over. (It's my wife fault. The top donw makes her hair all messy and oily). :bang:

I am kind of jealous of those of you that already have your GT's or have at least driven one. These posts are great - I really enjoy getting everyone's impressions. :nice:

Thanks
Brian

You can buy the compass as an option,, it comes as a part of the 400 dollar rearview mirror,,, I am thinkin about gettin it, but not because of the compass, but because it has the auto dim function on the mirror,PLUS it also has 3 home link buttons to program for 3 different garagedoor openers,,,,

:banana:

RisingForce said:
You can buy the compass as an option,, it comes as a part of the 400 dollar rearview mirror,,, I am thinkin about gettin it, but not because of the compass, but because it has the auto dim function on the mirror,PLUS it also has 3 home link buttons to program for 3 different garagedoor openers,,,,

:banana:

One of those came standard on my Mazda 6. The compass is OK but I could live without it. The auto-dimming is sweet and I love Homelink because I never have to worry about dead batteries in my garage door opener.

Yes the Camaro had T-tops until the final year, it was only a $1200 option. Although I don't have them in my 02 there are two indents in the roof structure for them. I believe all the 4th gen hardtops where engineered for t-tops whether or not they where installed. T-tops started in 75 I think, right around the time when insurance companies made convertables inpractical. So from 75 to 02 you could have t-tops.

TomServo92 said:
One of those came standard on my Mazda 6. The compass is OK but I could live without it. The auto-dimming is sweet and I love Homelink because I never have to worry about dead batteries in my garage door opener.

the compass came on my moms 95 intrepid although it was part of the ES trim. for me the compas really came in handy when i did a bunch of highway driving. it also gave the outside temp which was also nice. but i do have to say that the most benificial feature of the compass mirror is the auto dimming feature. the intrepid and my moms current car the I30 has it and i have to say it beats the flip down mirrir any day of the week.

i know many people here just think its usless crap to drive up the price, but even though i cant afford an 05 stang i would like to see little stuff like this in it. especially since most other manufactures include stuff like this on almost all their cars except for the cheaper economy models. i dont know about you but i dont think 25k base is an economy model