Missing Schrader Valve

jrp27540

Sep 9, 2016
I am fighting a possible bad adjustable FPR or bad fuel pressure gauge attached to the FPR. I was going to double check the fuel pressure using the schrader valve, but it appears it was "removed" by one of its previous owners. I looked all over the fuel line/fuel rail, but no schrader valve. The PO did install the explorer intake, so possibly he pulled over the fuel lines and fuel rail!? not sure....

Either way, I cant find any good solutions/instructions for "installing" one. Any feedback/ideas of any possible aftermarket schrader valves that I could use? I haven't really found anything via my google searches.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Show a pick of your fuel lines, they are still on the passenger side?

Yes, they are on the passenger side. I have the pictures in order from the lines coming up under the motor to the rails.

Attachments

• fuel_1.jpg
    fuel_1.jpg
    792.5 KB · Views: 449
  • fuel_2.jpg
    fuel_2.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 1,190
  • fuel_3.jpg
    fuel_3.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 1,453
  • fuel_4.jpg
    fuel_4.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 2,378
Replace those hard lines with some from a fox and you will gain the schrader valve.

Do they have to be off of a fox from the yard, or would a set off of...say LMR have the schrader valve? I have been looking at pictures "replacement lines", but am not seeing a spot for the schrader valve.

My overall problem is fuel pressure being to high at the FPR. I have an adjustable BBK FPR with a gauge attached. I can't get the FPR to adjust below 46 PSI with the vac line disconnected. When I connect the vac line, it will drop to 40sh PSI. I do not have any fuel coming out of hte vac port. I'm trying to test if the FPR or the gauge is bad. I have a strong feeling the gauge is good. My theory at this point is either a bad FPR or resistance/restriction in the fuel lines. I don't want to bust $100sh on a new adjustable regulator to test my theory... I was going to install a stock regulator for $20....but no way of checking the fuel presure to see if the stock regulator brought it down below 40 PSI.

Give some specs, modifications and any other changes made

lol...where to start... Im still finding things that the PO did... but this is what I know thus far

1988 LX 5.0 5 speed (Not a 5.0 conversion)

• MAF conversion
    • Running A9L EEC
  • Bama 4-Bank Eliminator Chip
  • Chip is handling the "stock" MAF for the 24 lbs injectors
  • "Bigger" fuel pump
    • I was told by the previous owner that he put in a "bigger" fuel pump when he changed the intake and fuel injectors. I'm not able to provide any more details other than that...unfortunately.
  • PO deleted charcoal canister
    • this is going back on....its on my list
  • Deleted A/C
  • Deleted Smog
  • Cold air intake
  • 70mm BBK throttle body
  • IAC Adjuster
  • GT40 upper and lower intake(off an explorer) w/ intake spacer
  • 24 lbs fuel injectors
  • MSD cap and rotor
  • Ford Racing plug wires
  • Accel Ignition Super Coil
  • E6SE heads
    • Not sure what these are doing on this car since it's an 88. I had others help identify these heads in a different post. I haven't been able to identify if the block is pre 88 yet...
  • e303 cam
  • Aftermarket "Cobra" valve covers
  • Breather in place of oil cap
    • Car has aftermarket "Cobra" valve covers, so there is no spot to run the vac line from TB to valve cover like the stock valve cover.
  • Dual PCV valves
    • One coming off drive side valve cover to the upper intake
    • One at the stock location(on top of lower intake by firewall) to upper intake
  • BBK shorty headers
  • Offroad h-pipe
  • Short throw shifter
  • Stage 1 clutch
  • Adjustable clutch cable w/ firewall adjuster and quadrant
  • 4:10 gears
  • Battery relocation to the rear

You sure those are 24# injectors? They are grey tops, which are usually installed on the non HO 5.0's, along with E6SE heads. However, there are some grey 24#ers. Do you have a part number off the injectors?

E6SE heads were also installed post 1986 on non HO 5.0s, like crown Vic's and town cars

You sure those are 24# injectors? They are grey tops, which are usually installed on the non HO 5.0's, along with E6SE heads. However, there are some grey 24#ers. Do you have a part number off the injectors?

E6SE heads were also installed post 1986 on non HO 5.0s, like crown Vic's and town cars

I had a previous thread(link below) where I posted pictures of the numbers on the injectors and asked help identifying them. Wasn't 100% then or now, but all of my research leans towards 24 lbs. I'm going to see if I can get the casting number off the block to confirm if it's a HO or not. Based on my luck thus far, I'm going to say it's not.

Trying to keep positive and not let the "nothing is original or correct in this car" get me down...

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/fuel-injector-identification.893959/