mix and match?

87pony

Oct 14, 2004
anybody on here ever do any mix and matching h/c/i and find better results? im mainly thinking of the afr 165's and a trickflow intake. just a figured i get some opinions

• Sponsors (?)

There are a couple good reasons why many do the same style h/c/i swap's or stroker combinations.

Often, with certain parts and the company that makes them, they have suggested parts that the engineers feel that match better than other parts. Example, for AFR heads they suggest Edelbrock parts for the 165 and 185 heads. They find that the intake ports match the head ports nicely and the powerbands they have match the AFR heads powerband.

These combos are also proven to make power, but you never know, some combo's outthere may be ready to be unleashed but for someone to spend hard earned money on trying something that may get sub-par results is often risky.

So we all typically go for typical combinations...

There are a couple good reasons why many do the same style h/c/i swap's or stroker combinations.

Often, with certain parts and the company that makes them, they have suggested parts that the engineers feel that match better than other parts. Example, for AFR heads they suggest Edelbrock parts for the 165 and 185 heads. They find that the intake ports match the head ports nicely and the powerbands they have match the AFR heads powerband.

These combos are also proven to make power, but you never know, some combo's outthere may be ready to be unleashed but for someone to spend hard earned money on trying something that may get sub-par results is often risky.

So we all typically go for typical combinations...

I agree. But if everybody buys the same set ups everybody is going to end up having pretty much the same car. I miss match parts and for that reason.

I agree. But if everybody buys the same set ups everybody is going to end up having pretty much the same car. I miss match parts and for that reason.

I wasn't condoning buying the same parts, but people now-a-days know what makes power and with people usually being income limited, they are going to go with what is known to make power.

We all have the basic nuisances that make each car unique...

We only have so many proven aftermarket parts to work with, your bound to find similar or same combos out of the nearly 1 million foxes made:)

I wasn't condoning buying the same parts, but people now-a-days know what makes power and with people usually being income limited, they are going to go with what is known to make power.

We all have the basic nuisances that make each car unique...

We only have so many proven aftermarket parts to work with, your bound to find similar or same combos out of the nearly 1 million foxes made:)

yeah thats for sure. I was just saying that i wish peolpe would look around and do some research on all the different manufactures,as you said above.