Fox Mm Coilover Spring Rate Help

Firehawk335

May 3, 2006
I have a totally stock 88 GT Hatchback that I am looking to upgrade/replace the tired and worn out suspension. I keep finding myself coming back to the MM k member kit for the added clearance it will give me. I am a street car driver only at this point. I know I have to switch to coil over's with the kmember and think I have landed on the MM coil over setup as well. My question comes down to spring rates. On MM site, I see for a street car they recommend 275# to 325# for the spring rate. I also see they offer the kit in 275, 300, and 325#s. Does anyone have any recommendations and can someone explain what the difference in 25 or 50#s is going to yield? Will I really notice it? I don't want to bottom anything out, but don't want my spring to compress during driving either. Maybe all are good, maybe everyone leans toward one setup over another? Any help is always appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a totally stock 88 GT Hatchback that I am looking to upgrade/replace the tired and worn out suspension. I keep finding myself coming back to the MM k member kit for the added clearance it will give me. I am a street car driver only at this point. I know I have to switch to coil over's with the kmember and think I have landed on the MM coil over setup as well. My question comes down to spring rates. On MM site, I see for a street car they recommend 275# to 325# for the spring rate. I also see they offer the kit in 275, 300, and 325#s. Does anyone have any recommendations and can someone explain what the difference in 25 or 50#s is going to yield? Will I really notice it? I don't want to bottom anything out, but don't want my spring to compress during driving either. Maybe all are good, maybe everyone leans toward one setup over another? Any help is always appreciated.
You should fill out their info sheet and wait a few days for their response. For a street car for a comfy ride they suggested 175# springs for me. What you have going on in the rear of the car is important too. I love the ride of my car. I have Illumina 5 way adj struts too.