Mod Consideration

Sanctus

May 17, 2005
Trabuco Canyon
Alright im sick of looking through old posts. My father has a manual V6 stang and is getting jealous with the stuff im putting on my GT. So dollar/horsepower what are some of the best mods i could get for him to at least have some get up and go on his Stang. One consideration is money and the other is ease of install. Im looking for suggestions.

Sofar this is what i have heard/ read. Am i missing anything?

Intake + Tune- 580$
Dual Mufflers -450 $
Rear bumper(GT) - 180$
Ford T-lok - ?
4.10's - ? (can you use the same gears that would go on a Gt?)

so any suggestions? btw this cannot be with nitrous, blower. ect. and it would be nice if the car passed CA smog in 2012.

• Sponsors (?)

Sanctus said:
Alright im sick of looking through old posts. My father has a manual V6 stang and is getting jealous with the stuff im putting on my GT. So dollar/horsepower what are some of the best mods i could get for him to at least have some get up and go on his Stang. One consideration is money and the other is ease of install. Im looking for suggestions.

Sofar this is what i have heard/ read. Am i missing anything?

Intake + Tune- 580$
Dual Mufflers -450 $
Rear bumper(GT) - 180$
Ford T-lok - ?
4.10's - ? (can you use the same gears that would go on a Gt?)

so any suggestions? btw this cannot be with nitrous, blower. ect. and it would be nice if the car passed CA smog in 2012.

Those are pretty good mods to start off with but with the gears you cannot use the same gears because the gt's have a 8.8 rear end and the v6's have a 7.5. Headers maybe, maybe some ignition wires from jba they claim around 5hp. I would think small things like that also throttle body spacer not sure if that helps out as much. Thats all I can think of right now.:SNSign:

The JBA headers are CARB certified as is the K&N FIPK kit, so you'll pass CA smog with those. From what I've seen people say the output of the V6 doesn't really justify a dual exhaust, the dual is more for sound/looks. You'd get more bang for the buck simply from a free-flowing single. Another option would be an underdrive lower pulley which would free up some HP.

If you're looking for an install and tune, JBA is based out of North San Diego. I contacted them through their website and they provided me a quote for parts/install.