Mods needed to beat a G35

OK so I already beat an Infiniti G35, and I didnt think anything of it till I was on imboc.com and they were saying that their Bullitts were barely beating G35s. I do have a King Cobra clutch and that accounts for A LOT of my pull. The King Cobra grabs so hard it threw my motor mounts and tranny mount out. Now as some of you know, I currently have a Bullitt and feel that the Bullitt is way faster than my GT.The stock clutch on the Bullitt, even with 12K miles, feels like it doesnt grab enough. I raced the G35 on Christmas eve(in the GT)and beat him(not by much, he was right on my back bumper). We were both stick and I got good traction outta 1st for once. Did he suck at racing, was it a fluke, is it because I have more torque than that 6er?

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]the guy couldn't drive if you beat him in a 96[/QUOTE]
:stupid:
My buddy has a G35 with the giggles and I have raced him stock. I had him off the line and half way through second but then he started pulling away. He beat me by about a little over a car. I know his bottle was off because I watched him turn it off and checked it myself. I'm no mario andredy, but I know how to put the power to the ground. It was rather embarassing, but it just goes to show you what spending 30k+ on a car can do. With the money he spent on his car I can drop a 600+ HP motor and eat him as a snack. Moral of the story is get more mods!! :nice:

2k2fourpointsix said:
No problems here losing to luxury sport sedans. Dead even in first, then I gain like 2 cars in second gear. He was flying solo I had a passenger as well.
You guys are also rolling PI heads. he's in a 96 and I'm in a 98 neither with PI heads.

I know....I know....get the headswap. Working on it!!

Blev said:
:stupid:
My buddy has a G35 with the giggles and I have raced him stock. I had him off the line and half way through second but then he started pulling away. He beat me by about a little over a car. I know his bottle was off because I watched him turn it off and checked it myself. I'm no mario andredy, but I know how to put the power to the ground. It was rather embarassing, but it just goes to show you what spending 30k+ on a car can do. With the money he spent on his car I can drop a 600+ HP motor and eat him as a snack. Moral of the story is get more mods!! :nice:

just because the bottle was closed doesn't mean that there was not n2o still in the lines ;)

14.1 for a manual G35? Doesn't the 350 pull off 14.3's at best and it has the same engine but lighter body than the G35.

Anyhow, the G35 coupe is a sweet car, definitely worth considering after a few years when prices goes down and more turbo kits are available. Gotta love the turbo + lux combo.

MineralG2k2GT said:
Those cars arent exactly slow...14.1's in the 1/4 from the factory

Saying that is like saying that G35 coupes are faster than 350zs. They have less HP (only by about 8) and are heavier. If G35s run 14.1 then what do 350Zs run? 13.8? :rolleyes: The G35 should be about mid 14's while the 350Z should be low 14s.

Sorry David but if you are getting taken by G35s in your Bullitt, then you need driving lessons. G35's are fast but I have taken a few with my stock GT without too much trouble (my friend used to own one). Don't be intimidated by the BS they may spout in their forums, they are just sore they paid $35K+ for a slower car. :notnice:

Brisk281GT said:
Saying that is like saying that G35 coupes are faster than 350zs. They have less HP (only by about 8) and are heavier. If G35s run 14.1 then what do 350Zs run? 13.8? :rolleyes: The G35 should be about mid 14's while the 350Z should be low 14s.

Sorry David but if you are getting taken by G35s in your Bullitt, then you need driving lessons. G35's are fast but I have taken a few with my stock GT without too much trouble (my friend used to own one). Don't be intimidated by the BS they may spout in their forums, they are just sore they paid $35K+ for a slower car. :notnice:
He has a 96 GT... He said he raced it in the GT :)