Mods needed to beat a G35

• Sponsors (?)

The G-35 and the 350Z's actually share alot of the same parts including the engin, so the numbers should be very close, and I agree, A Bullitt should spank a G35, if he was in one, off the line the bullitt hangs right in there with the 01 Cobra and Mach 1

DavidCroft said:
Yes. Let me clarify. I was in my 96GT. I know for shure the Bullitt would spank them. But I smoked a manual G35 and thats why Im so surprised. I mean I consider myself a decent driver, but no Mario Andretti. I have also smoked LT-1s in my 96GT. Maybe its a factory freak. :shrug:

Oh, sorry, my bad. Yeah, the 96GT and the G35 should be fairly close, with the edge given to the G35. I say go with a headswap and you should be more than fine.
And since you beat one in your 96GT I now change my statement to you being a good driver. :D

Mossberg said:
Are we talking a g35 coupe or sedan? Cause it makes a huge difference since the sedan is way down on power compared to the coupe.

The power differential is open to some discussion the G boards. Some say the sedan (260 FWHP) has as the same power as the coupe (280 FWHP) and the published 20 HP difference aids in marketing the coupe as something “more” than the sedan.

I just read a dyno the other day from a stock sedan that put 233 HP to the wheels. That’s near 275 FWHP.

With intake and exhaust mods, I have yet to read about a G35 sedan running less than 14.1 seconds in the quarter mile.

I have a stock 2003.5 sedan, by the way, hence my interest in the topic.

BTW. There is much talk that the 2005 coupe will see 300 HP and the sedan, 280 HP. Wishful thinking? We'll see within a couple of months.

My buddy has a 350z, he recently just got a cold air intake by NISMO, we race all the time, I have a 00 with steeda short throw, bbk cold air, and some 275/40/17 Nitto 555 Extremes. I can barely take him (He's at my door) up until about 130, then he just leaves me. He claims it to run a 13.8. We're going to go to the track soon, so ill post and let everyone know what happens.

My father has the auto G35, and I have a 5 speed 96 GT..

I think we're going to line them up a few times when I get home to see whose really faster, and we'll switch cars to show theres no driver error.

Results soon!

Bullitt_#1346 said:
Motor Trend ran a 13.77 in a stock 350z so I am sure that it shouldn't be too hard to get one in the mid to high 13s for most drivers.

The time they posted in the G35 couple was just a 14.23 @ 99.4mph, though

13.7? :rolleyes: Most magazines, if we are going to talk about magazine times, get in the range of 14.3 for the 350Z. Which is what most owners get. I just think it's weird that one magazine can get a half second quicker than anyone else.

Brisk281GT said:
13.7? :rolleyes: Most magazines, if we are going to talk about magazine times, get in the range of 14.3 for the 350Z. Which is what most owners get. I just think it's weird that one magazine can get a half second quicker than anyone else.

Apparently M&T tested the track edition while other magazines tested other versions. There are like three different trim levels for the 350z, and they have different wheels, tires, suspension, and other stuff.

I also browsed the 350z forums, and the fastest stock times people were running were 13.77 - 13.9. There were definitely guys running in the 14s as well, just like with Mustangs. A lot of it has to do with the driver.

Quote:Are we talking a g35 coupe or sedan? Coupe. :D let me restate that I didnt completely smoke him in my 96GT. When we left the stop sign it was pretty even. Then my favorite gear(2nd) allowed me to pull him slightly. He was on my back bumper then we hit about 70 or so and I quit. It was a 35 zone. What are the torque #s on the G35s? I think that might play a big role. Stock torque on a 96GT is 285. I know my off road H gives me low end torque, which could be why I beat him to 70. If we would have kept going, it might have been different. Im shure those cars are more top end friendly.

Brisk281GT said:
Saying that is like saying that G35 coupes are faster than 350zs. They have less HP (only by about 8) and are heavier. If G35s run 14.1 then what do 350Zs run? 13.8? :rolleyes: The G35 should be about mid 14's while the 350Z should be low 14s.

actually, some 350Z's have hit 13.7's stock.