Mods On The 2013 Gt

Im looking into cams, exhuast, tune and intake to start. Havent heard much about what manufacturers are putting out the best parts. Looking at comp cams... seen a lot about ghost cams but also read that they had issues. no idea about a tune, will probably end up going somewhere local to have it tuned. Could use some ideas on the air intake and exhaust front also. Looking for a good jump in HP and the best sound i can get. Probably not going to get into headers. figure id buy header back, OR H-pipe and back (thinking borla)..... Let me know what u guys have done that has worked well, or not so much.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly I don't think you're going to notice much with just getting a h-pipe and cat back. If you want to do it right I would suggest getting Magnaflow long tubes and cat'd shorty x-pipe if you want to keep it legal. I used the BBK long tube setup and the cats don't work as they should. After talking with AM about it they said that BBK is pretty iffy on if their cats work or not and the Magnaflows are pretty reliable. Wish I'd known that before I'd bought them but oh well... From the x-pipe back it's your own game. You can go with some racing over axles from JPC Racing (they delete the resonators and are very smooth), and then put Borla on the back end. I will tell you now that if you want LOUD go with the ATAK exhaust. If you don't want crazy loud go with the S-Type. They sound pretty good.

I am glad you mentioned that about BBK. My previous car was a 2004 v6, I got BBK shorty headers on it and had an exhaust leak twice on the passenger side. I was not sure if it was a fluke thing or what, but a little weary of them. Glad you reassured my thinking on not getting BBK parts.