Mods you wish you had not made???

I regret my block...I should have done more research and got an A4 block or something that will handle more hp.

I have almost as much as I can push through my current one and I want to either supercharge or turbo it...but I cant push the hp's out of my current block.

/cry!

• Sponsors (?)

i regret not buying an aluminum DS for $150

I also sorta regret buying my cobra intake from a friend, because it had 2 Helicoils in it and I has to take it all apart to fix an oil leak and re-coil them...it is ok now

also turns out the leak was from valve cover bolts that were almost hand-tight. lol

huRACEmentPSR said:
when i did my 5 lug conversion i bought a complete 98 gt rear end for $300. it is 3/4" wider than a reg fox...so i figured sweet...wider stance. now, with my new wheels/tires the tire hits the fender over almost every bump i go over. i should have just pieced together my own 5 lug disc rear end.

Have you bent the inner fender lip up? I am running a similar rear end in my 90 GT with 275s. The tires no longer rub, but I did have to hammer on the fender lips.

I don't really regret much but doing it all over again I would do it differently. However looking back at things I wondered why I did:

1. MAC CAI - we all know why.
2. Moroso CAI - too small, POS, but cheap, should have gone AFM NA Powerpipe
3. B cam - gained maby a little up top over the stocker on 1.7's but overall power took a loss.
4. Rebuilding stock controll arms - after all the cost of bushings and ball joints and all the labor, I should have just gotten aftermarket A-arms.
5. turndowns on flows - they just quieted it down and raised the pitch over straight dumps.
I am sure there is more, just can't remember it right now.

MSD 6al
Anderson n/a powerpipe and Pro M 80mm shorty meter (made same power with mac cai and 75mm bullet)
Buying 2 sets of wheels and tires, only to go back to my 10 holes.

..that's about it, so far.

So far i only regret paying someone to do labor a few different times. Came out to only like $250, but it was stuff i could have done. On the white lx i had, i regreted getting the rear seal replaced because i sold the car a month later and $220 labor was obviously not recouped.

MAC caster camber plates (bushings cracked out three days later)

FMS B springs (took several attempts to get the car to sit level and now it looks unlowered)

MAC white faced gauges (look like **** at night)

B+M hammer AOD shifters on customers cars (should charge double just for the aggrevation of seting them up)

Jamie

I regret buying a Eddy intake off the Corral only to get screwed over and not get the intake:mad:

Things I regret that I have actually recieved would probably be my supercharger. I wish I would have spent the money right and done a turbo kit, but I can live with it.

Other thing I regret is taking the A/C off.:(