More and bigger 05 Cobra pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!! Isnt this an interesting scenario we find ourselves in... LOL!! First off it t'wasn't me who pasted the car on the front page of Stangnet.com.. It was the collective agreement of the Stangnet Staff.. Obviously they felt compelled enough by the weight of the cars statement to post it for all to see as the very first pic you see everytime you come to the website..

Where is all the hostility coming from? Why are you guys being so harsh to Powersurge for sharing with you his work?

If you guys feel so strongly about this, why not ask Mr. DHearns himself about the car, and why he allowed his very talented staff to deceive the public.. Even though they clearly state that its a replica..

But dont email him now, I want you guys to go ahead and burry yourselves even deeper.. LOL!! So go ahead and show yur true colors, by bashing on someone who has given back something to this community.. Someone who has tried to show his vision of an SVT 05 Cobra, the way he feels it could have been like.. He does not deserve this from you guys..

You can say whatever you want about me in relation to Powersurge.. But I stand with him, and I dont even know him.. I wont allow him to be punked in this way.. You guys have no appreciation of the idea, or the work it took to present it to you only so you could have a dream.. There is nothing wrong with that..

This calls into question the ethics of the Stangnet staff.. Based on your responses, they are ethically challenged. Sharing pictures with you of a what could have been 05 Cobra SVT..

If your bouty bout it fellas, ask Stangnet why they posted it on the front page of a website you visit frequently..

• Sponsors (?)

Naturally I expected a select few people to not like the car; you just can't expect it to match everyone's tastes. I think the point that MSP is trying to make is more a matter of respect. If you don't like it, that's fine. But at least to have the common decency to not come on here and bash someone's hard work and acomplishments. Ever hear the phase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Then again, this IS the internet, where everyone has an opinion, and most people lose all sense of respect for a fellow man through a keyboard.

The car is what it is. I love it. SVT loves it. And almost everyone that's seen the car flips out over it. As a matter of fact, the few people here on this site are the only ones to voice any negativity towards the car. For the people who think it's "just a GT with painted wheels and ugly stripes", I'd suggest you don't pull up next to this car at a stoplight :).

Hey, you post on here expect to get both good and bad. Anyone that has any experience at all in doing this knows that.

But, as a matter of fact this car is "just a GT with a Supercharger and painted wheels and ugly stripes and fake badges...",

Just like any other GT out there with a Supercharger. Tons of them and most of them would put a shame on your vehicle.

It's weird how you try to justify this as saying this is what it could look like. Well sorry to burst your bubble, but SVT already released what it is going to look like way back in March.

Please give me any name of someone at SVT that says they like your fake Cobra and I will reference them when I call in 2 hours...

Chupacabras said:
But, as a matter of fact this car is "just a GT with a Supercharger and painted wheels and ugly stripes and fake badges...",

Of course it's just a modded GT, nobody said it wasn't.

If SVT came out with this car exactly as we did it, the same people would like it and hate it, just like some people like the GT500 and some don't. It's not a big deal.

Besides, all Cobras are modded GTs. Your 04 is just a GT with a different motor/trans, wheels and some ugly paint.

Power Surge said:
Of course it's just a modded GT, nobody said it wasn't.

If SVT came out with this car exactly as we did it, the same people would like it and hate it, just like some people like the GT500 and some don't. It's not a big deal.

Besides, all Cobras are modded GTs. Your 04 is just a GT with a different motor/trans, wheels and some ugly paint.

Power Surge
Just let it go Power Surge... Obviously this particular individual thinks that a Cobra Mustang is not a Mustang but a Cobra.. LOL!! Maybe someone should remind him what a real Cobra is.. I find this horrendous turn this thread has taken unbelievable..

Chupacabras

With all do respect, please re-evaluate your position on this situation.. I truley find it hard to believe that someone as important as you down in San Diego, who is affiliated with such a fine group of Mustang Zealots, has the point of view that you are presenting..

Lets just all step back away from this situation, and think about what it is exactly we are arguing about.. How could this have gotten so outta hand is beyond me..

How is it that you feel comfortable making statements like "painted wheels and ugly stripes and fake badges..."? Do you find this appropriate behavior? You are representing the San Diego Chapter of Mustangs, which is apart of a larger coalition of California Mustangs in total. Your making us Californians look very shallow minded.. It is right for you to say you disagree with the concept.. It is wrong for you to bring into the situation by representation the entire group of San Diego stang guys for which you have been chosen to speak for.. I think perhaps there is more to this.. I think perhaps you somehow feel threatend by a GT which has had its script flipped to resemble an 05 Cobra SVT Mustang.. Which I might add, has the power to back it up.. You know, its biting and not just barking... I know your probably a really kool guy to hang out with, for those who love Mustangs.. But ask yourself this question... If Sal were to show up by invitation to one of your sanctioned cruising sessions, would he not be respected for his vision? Can you honestly say that 90% of the guys in your car club, would share your view? You represent their mindset.. Is this whats hanging out down there in San Diego? I highly doubt it..

So take the time to look at it from a different point of view.. Power Surge has not challenged you in any way, the way you have challenged him..

I know your a more passionate man than this for Mustangs.. Have a cup of coffee, and some coffee cake, and comback with a reply that will more represent the appropriate point of view that most of your club members would be proud to present to Power Surge for his effort.. I know you can do it man.. Sometimes, we just get caught up in the moment, and due to our competitive nature wind up in positions we did not intend to be in.. As the Director of the San Diego Chapter of Mustangs, you are compelled to act alittle more responsible with your arguements.. Shooting from the hip is not allowed.. Speaking for the greater good of the club must be your first and foremost position..

In regards to the Bay Area Chapter, I'll PM you when I get my GT500 once things cool off with them.. LOL!! But I can tell your gonna always be on my ass about everything!. Not really a responsibilty I am looking forward to..

MSP said:
WOW!! Isnt this an interesting scenario we find ourselves in... LOL!! First off it t'wasn't me who pasted the car on the front page of Stangnet.com.. It was the collective agreement of the Stangnet Staff.. Obviously they felt compelled enough by the weight of the cars statement to post it for all to see as the very first pic you see everytime you come to the website..

Where is all the hostility coming from? Why are you guys being so harsh to Powersurge for sharing with you his work?

If you guys feel so strongly about this, why not ask Mr. DHearns himself about the car, and why he allowed his very talented staff to deceive the public.. Even though they clearly state that its a replica..

But dont email him now, I want you guys to go ahead and burry yourselves even deeper.. LOL!! So go ahead and show yur true colors, by bashing on someone who has given back something to this community.. Someone who has tried to show his vision of an SVT 05 Cobra, the way he feels it could have been like.. He does not deserve this from you guys..

You can say whatever you want about me in relation to Powersurge.. But I stand with him, and I dont even know him.. I wont allow him to be punked in this way.. You guys have no appreciation of the idea, or the work it took to present it to you only so you could have a dream.. There is nothing wrong with that..

This calls into question the ethics of the Stangnet staff.. Based on your responses, they are ethically challenged. Sharing pictures with you of a what could have been 05 Cobra SVT..

If your bouty bout it fellas, ask Stangnet why they posted it on the front page of a website you visit frequently..

LOL WTF MAN.... ok ill "dig myself a little deeper" hahaah when the hell did i ever say i didnt like the car? I think its an ok looking car, to each his own... i would never knock another mans work. Ill give you props though, just still feel the same as I did before, read my other statements above.
"The car isnt a cobra, has the qualities, maybe even looks of a cobra but its not. Cool to look at some parts, i like the engine setup, but not cool for people to think "hey look at that cobra" on the streets."

But I know, now im bashing with someone. LOL if you really think the height of my day is when im sitting here going crazy making fun of Power Surges ride(which I havent yet by the way, although ive been accused of it) then something is very wrong my friend. I would also like to know where and when I ever said anything about it being a problem of it being on the screen when you first come to stangnet. First off, I would NEVER say that because I dont have that much of a problem with the car. and Second off, I dont even go to the main page, the forums are bookmarked directly because Im so lazy i dont feel like logging in and do un-necessary clicking. LOL so that was funny

Here is why Chupacabras is mad.... He is a cobra owner and hardcore enthuesiest(sp?)[sorry just got up from 3 hours of sleep after i worked 13 hours today - cant exactly function] and you and I all know that the cobra is the best, just like the special forces are in the military or the SWAT/ESU of the police force and seeing someone wear the uniform but not be the real deal makes him mad because his special group is getting bigger and partially different. See where cobra owners are coming from, not my complete opinion but i understand, if i owned a cobra i would prob. be saying the same thing.

But like i said, i like the car to some degree. I love the engine work, what kind of SC is that and can you shed some details, would like to know how it runs. I also love the scheme, the blue and white is nice, the Sonic Blue doesnt even look the same.. the white makes it look alot lighter like the 06 Vista Blue :D (i love that color) I just dont like the stripes, never been a fan and I would say that on any car with stripes. Also, lol you gotta get a bigger snake for the front lol that thing looks tiny like it came out of a cereal box. Maybe just in the picture. Still a pretty nice car and i appreciate all the hardwork and dedication you put into it, along with the $$$(rich bastard :D ) . Dont wanna be accused of unwrongfully not appreciating the car.

:OT: And Power Surge, you never got back to me about my question. Do you own a shop on LI? I would give you some business if you could tell me about your store, i dont currently have a shop and are looking for one. I live in Bayside, Queens but commutes arent a problem, would love to go for a nice drive back on the old island. :cheers:
-mike

Mike06_10pm said:
Great Pics!
Where on LI are you located? I just moved to Bayside from Malverne(near garden city, valley stream) lookin for a good shop....
-mike

Starting from this post Mike, which is my name as well LOL!! When did you and I engage into a confrontation about anything you have said? I never referred to you at all my man!

My first contact with you was when you posted this! Which kind of shocked me, because I thought it was all good between us, based on your first post..

A piece from Mike's post, after his first!

God dam MSP wtf is Power Surge your bf or something, ***** get off his nuts.

So I will grant that you may have gotten caught up in the moment, and lashed out at me for some reason.. LOL!! But I never sent anything your way man..

Mike06_10pm said:
And Power Surge, you never got back to me about my question. Do you own a shop on LI? I would give you some business if you could tell me about your store, i dont currently have a shop and are looking for one. I live in Bayside, Queens but commutes arent a problem, would love to go for a nice drive back on the old island. :cheers:
-mike

Yessir, we are in Port Jefferson, out on Long Island. We have a full Ford performance center with in house chassis dyno. We have been EEC tuning cars longer than anyone else in NY. You are more than welcome to come down.

ok... well then im sorry for my last comments, but for the same way you stated before about how you were sticking up for Power Surge i was stickin up for Chupacabras thats all, since i agree with him on most points... you know where i stand with the rest dont feel like getting into it. After my 2nd big response you said stuff about it being on the front page etc. and i though it was to me(right underneath my post) thats why i got mad cause i didnt know where that was coming from.

Im cool with everyone, just supporting some peoples comments, thats all. Everyone be safe please, our toys are SERIOUS :hail2:
-mike

Power Surge said:
Yessir, we are in Port Jefferson, out on Long Island. We have a full Ford performance center with in house chassis dyno. We have been EEC tuning cars longer than anyone else in NY. You are more than welcome to come down.

Cool wanna PM me with like your address, tell number and some dyno prices that would be great
-mike

Mike06_10pm said:
Cool wanna PM me with like your address, tell number and some dyno prices that would be great
-mike

Kool Mike, do us all a fovor, if you go down to the shop, and Sal gives you a ride in the car, make sure you let us know your experience..

Power Surge

Better keep the car locked up for a few days, until we know Mike is not on a mission of destruction, sent by Chupacabras!! LOL!! :D

I'm just teasin Mike!! Have fun man, and let us know how the ride goes!

That is THE hottest 05 I have seen to DATE!! Awesome!!

*steals ideas*
shiftylook.gif

I think a lot of people, including myself, will like the looks of this car, not only because it looks pretty cool, but the main reason that it's 'different'. Speaking for myself, I always enjoy seeing something new and different all the time, one reason I come on here and see what all people have done to their stangs, GTs AND V6s.
I sort of understand, though, a little of the backlash about someone using the Cobra name in a way, because there are people out there even more naive than me that might see this car and think it is the real thing.
But as I was saying, I really like the looks of this car and at first did think it was a real Cobra until I read more of this interesting thread. Sure, guys with Cobras are sensitive about their cars, just like guys with GTs 'sometimes' look down on guys with V6s. It's up to each of us to be more sensitive to each other, no matter what their view is. Oh well, either way I probably won't be able to afford a Cobra! :(

merlinsteele said:
I think a lot of people, including myself, will like the looks of this car, not only because it looks pretty cool, but the main reason that it's 'different'. Speaking for myself, I always enjoy seeing something new and different all the time, one reason I come on here and see what all people have done to their stangs, GTs AND V6s.
I sort of understand, though, a little of the backlash about someone using the Cobra name in a way, because there are people out there even more naive than me that might see this car and think it is the real thing.
But as I was saying, I really like the looks of this car and at first did think it was a real Cobra until I read more of this interesting thread. Sure, guys with Cobras are sensitive about their cars, just like guys with GTs 'sometimes' look down on guys with V6s. It's up to each of us to be more sensitive to each other, no matter what their view is. Oh well, either way I probably won't be able to afford a Cobra! :(

Personally, if I were to take Sal's car for a spin, and you glanced over at me at a stoplight, and said "Thats a nice Cobra!", I would have politley said thank you, and as soon as the light turned green, made sure you knew, that this is the baddest Cobra you will ever see! I would have eased out the clutch, and expressed 583RWHP worth of Pure Cobra Strike! You would have went back home to your wife saying you just seen the fastest Mustang on the planet! LOL!!

The point being, guys that drive Cobra's, who hate on GT owners that decide to put Cobra emblems on their cars are insecure.. If you cant take the heat, get outta the kitchen.. Cause this Sh@# is "HOT", and I'm burnin it up!! :nice:

Hey take off the SVT badges from the engine, stop titling your threads that this is an 05 Cobra and ENSURE people KNOW it is a fake Cobra and not the real thing and you wouldn't have heard a word from me. I don't have time to post about every fake Cobra I see LOL This one just stood out because the title of the thread had no disclaimer on it. I also have the Foums bookmarked and not the Stangnet homepage.

So far you have not listed a name at SVT and so far they have no clue whom you are and they are looking into it. The more you get on my ass, the more I am going to pursue this.

MSP, which dealership are you on the waiting list at for the 07? Also, I quoted him on the "ugly GT with ugly stripes" or whatever it was. I was just agreeing.

Oh also, I am posting as Chupacabras. Which is me. I am also a member of SoCalStangs (featured on page 46 I believe of Septembers MM&FF's). I know a lot of people feel the same way as me but, I do not speak for them.

If I am to post in an official capacity of SVTOA then I will make a username wth that in it and make it so everyone knows I am doing so.

I Love the GT's and if it wasn't for the powerlease which makes it so I will be one of the first guaranteed to get the 07 when it comes out then I would have one. There was lots of nice ones at the SEMA show last year. Almost everyone had a SC on it. That was almost a year ago so this is really nothing new. I Love what 95% of the people have done to theirs to personalize them.

Chupacabras said:
Hey take off the SVT badges from the engine, stop titling your threads that this is an 05 Cobra and ENSURE people KNOW it is a fake Cobra and not the real thing and you wouldn't have heard a word from me. I don't have time to post about every fake Cobra I see LOL This one just stood out because the title of the thread had no disclaimer on it. I also have the Foums bookmarked and not the Stangnet homepage.

So far you have not listed a name at SVT and so far they have no clue whom you are and they are looking into it. The more you get on my ass, the more I am going to pursue this.

MSP, which dealership are you on the waiting list at for the 07? Also, I quoted him on the "ugly GT with ugly stripes" or whatever it was. I was just agreeing.

Oh also, I am posting as Chupacabras. Which is me. I am also a member of SoCalStangs (featured on page 46 I believe of Septembers MM&FF's). I know a lot of people feel the same way as me but, I do not speak for them.

If I am to post in an official capacity of SVTOA then I will make a username wth that in it and make it so everyone knows I am doing so.

I Love the GT's and if it wasn't for the powerlease which makes it so I will be one of the first guaranteed to get the 07 when it comes out then I would have one. There was lots of nice ones at the SEMA show last year. Almost everyone had a SC on it. That was almost a year ago so this is really nothing new. I Love what 95% of the people have done to theirs to personalize them.

Your alright with me Chupacabras!! I know your a pretty kool guy to kick it with, and cruise stangs..

I just bought my 05 V6, and am planning on going the SC route with it.. I figure I will complete my original plans for buying the 6 in the first place which was to get it SC'd and have fun.. Like you, I have owned a Cobra.. I bought one of the first 1993 Cobra's when they first came out, after trading in my Saleen Mustang for it.

My next car in about 2 years will be the GT500.. So rest assured my man, I will be making a trip to San Diego to hang out.. You should have yours by then, so it'll be all good.. I can just take the kids on a trip to Seaworld..

But right now, I am trying to remember how I felt when I had my Cobra, when it came to this type of situation.. People used to refer to me as Cobra, so I guess I never had a chance to face what it would be like to own one, and have someone own a GT and put the Cobra tail on and emblems. But I cant see it being a problem..

Let me ask you a question.. Lets say someone bought a Saleen Mustang Body kit.. You know this is a big part of Saleens aftermarkt industry.. Would this bother you for a GT owner to put a Saleen kit on his GT? You see this all the time.. You may even know of a few guys who have done this.. You always see GT's with saleen Tails.. Just curious.

Also, you know Ford sells all of the Cobra emblems aftermarket.. Who do they sell these to? Someone who already has a Cobra, most likley would not have a need for them.. If it was against some type of TM agreement, then Ford would make you present your registration so they can check the serial number of your car.. Dont you think? 99.9% of people who buy these aftermarket Cobra emblems, do not actually own a Cobra.. How does this make you feel?

Chupacabras said:
MSP, there are tons of Cobras with 600+ HP out there. You are not impressing me Son.

The GT people whom put Cobra badges on their cars are the insecure ones.

Sigh, why am I replying to this idiot LOL

WOW, you called me an idiot? LOL!! Ok man.. I said some good things about you in the above post I will not edit out.. It just helps to prove my point.. Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.