More Engine Parts To Bling? (MyTight-Please Read)

I notice you were talking about your thermostat housing, just trying to see if i have a picture close enough of my show chromed one

HPIM1575.jpg

this is the closest i could find, if you look closely, you'll see it, but it's actually a big difference from what i had before...:nice:

can't wait to see how it turns out RC, hopefully mine'll have that someday as well

Attachments

• HPIM1575.jpg
    HPIM1575.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Sponsors (?)

Aaron..the chrome water neck was a PITA.

Jason..are you C/C plates polished or SS?

Everyone else...thanks for the input. I guess some of you dont remember my posts last month about getting the Vortech back in, but remember I had gotten polished fox vc's..?? I dont have a pic in the car, but here they are
918239FoxVCs4.jpg

Andy... I still have the piece of the MAC chrome one....It never really lined up right with the Fluidyne, so it's cut partially. Maybe I can use a piece of black stock hose and join them together. If I take the water neck off to redo it, Ill try that route.

I remember looking at old pics of mine and thinking "ok...what else can I do!?", and now I get to play the game for you.

Here we go, just what I would do if this were my car:

1. polish master cylinder, get a white reservoir, and get chrome cap. Like below (chrome cap not shown in this pic, but you know what they are anyway):
master.jpg

2. Hide the wires better in each rear corner

3. Can't tell what that is exactly, but the lines on the pass. side inner fender could be rerouted/hidden if they aren't NEEDED out in the open

4. Billet/polished alum coolant reservoir. I got mine from Speedway Motors for about 40 bucks.

5. Billet battery tray (i also got mine from Speedway motors and polished it up). And get rid of the handle strap on the battery :)

6. I'd use the MAC radiator hose. The crinkle one looks cheap, IMO.

7. polished coil cover. I have an MSD Blaster on my Fox body, but have the Crane polished mounting plate that is just like the FRPP one posted above. Just write to Crane and tell them you ordered one from Summit and never got the mount plate. They'll send one out free. ;) ;) ;)

8. Polish the distributor and get a gray cap. I used to have red cap/wire setup on mine too, but have since replaced them with a gray cap and black wires. I feel it ties everything in together better, now the engine is just shine and black. The only red is the Optima, but that's another story. That's more of a personal preference though, so take it for what you will.

9. The brake fluid reservoir, I had mine chromed. No cheesy chrome cylinders to slip over the fill tube and totally clash with the yellow plastic, like 'everyone else' has. Me, I like to one-up people. I think you do too ;)

Hope I helped!

I have pics of all my stuff, you can check my website if something interests you, or PM/email/ask here for one. I'll gladly oblige :nice:

RC i wasn't thinking, there are stock c/c plates i figured you could use themand do something withyours though.....

I really like those polished valve covers, i started a set, just haven't had time to finish both yet, one is pretty much done, they look ok i guess.....did you buy thos polished or just polish them

jason

Manson Ozz, i have seen pics of your ride before and its super slick, but i would like to see another pic. Those are some really good tips i think, i was just debating on where i could get a coolant resevoir, i am thinking a small one, so i can put it where the battery used to be....

jason

mytight95 said:
RC i wasn't thinking, there are stock c/c plates i figured you could use themand do something withyours though.....

I really like those polished valve covers, i started a set, just haven't had time to finish both yet, one is pretty much done, they look ok i guess.....did you buy thos polished or just polish them

jason

I got them for free and paid to have the polished, since I didnt have time...Turns out now that you can get chromed Fox VC"s for $150

Manson....That is sharp.....What's involved with removing the master cylinder?

Do I just go to ford and get a new one, polish it up, then swap?

The line on the pass fender wall is my pressure release tube for the crank case...the line connects to the oil fill tube, and to a nipple in the power pipe, so that drawn in air is metered and filtered.

RC

mytight95, what do you want to see pics of, specifically? Here's the whole engine:

engine.jpg

94GT: You can just polish up your own. Otherwise you can get one at parts stores, junk yards, etc. Just take a line wrench to remove the lines from it, then a couple bolts at the brake booster. That's it. To get the reservoir off, you can just pry it off with a long screwdriver wedged in between it and the MC itself. Step on the MC to keep it in place (or put it in a vice) and then pry it up. Comes right off. The new one is a force fit.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 77
mytight95 said:
replied........

Mansonozz, is everything ther polished pretty much or is any of it chromed.....
If you look at the Vortech D/C tube you can see... That is chrome.. You can use that and see the PP, VOrtech and Intake are polished. He and I discussed changing his red oil feed line for a SB one.. :nice:

Thanks again to both of you for your help.
RC

oh i was also gonna ask,RC, are those wazee pulleys on your car, or are they something else....

If you paint something, do it with automotive paint, enamel i guess, or something, the spray can stuff won't hold any kind of luster and if you use the clear it will yellow, trust me.......

Andy, and LOW5.0, did either of you use a clear on your parts or are you just using straight paint..

jason

If you're wondering, I have the braided line here already and just need the proper AN fittings. Summit sent the wrong ones :( I was pissed, threw it on my bench in the garage and haven't touched or thought about it since - haha. I need to get movin' on that.

Chrome: discharge tube, PS reservoir & cap, washer res. cap, brake res. cap, CCplates, valve covers, hood hinge covers, wiper motor cover, and the K&N breather cap and wire dividers.

Everything else is polished/stainless. the firewall plate I cut out of mirrored lexan. Battery terminals are platinum.

mytight95 said:
what did you do with the others.......????

hmmm :D

I have an extra one that came off the car. He sent me a new one for a "small fee" because we thought the bearings may be bad in the old one (which I kept) When He sent me the new one, he sent the inner portion which has the new bearings. If you want we can do a "str8 up" swap. You would have to put the new bearings in, but I have those too.

Call me if you want and let me know.

RC