Moser 31 spline axles

• Sponsors (?)

Here's some really nice Ford Racing ones for $245. A lot of times you can find people who are selling Ford Racing parts for less than MSRP so you may not actually have to pay $245... That price of $185 for the install sounds like a great deal.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5548

M4235E.jpg

Attachments

• M4235E.jpg
    M4235E.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 96
I bought mine over at Modular Depot.

Guy who installed them had a heck of time, they weren't equal sizes. The ring on one side would slide all the way through, and the other had to be pressed on.

Got that all taken care of ... I heard they're strong that's why I bought them.

i have moser 31 splines w an auburn pro diff. I had a problem also with my axles being the wrong size, the one side was just a little too long so i don't know if its a common prob but i had to drive for three weeks with a axle that i wasn't too sure about until the replacement came.

I hear strange is a quality axle and as Trout said FRPP is always a good product.

02BlkStang said:
I've always heard Moser is the best, what's the deal with the FRPP?
Um, they look cool? :shrug:

Seriously though I am sure Mosler or FRPP would be just as good. Personally though, I like to use FRPP or Motorcraft parts whenever possible...

droptopponynj said:
i have moser 31 splines w an auburn pro diff. I had a problem also with my axles being the wrong size, the one side was just a little too long so i don't know if its a common prob but i had to drive for three weeks with a axle that i wasn't too sure about until the replacement came.

I hear strange is a quality axle and as Trout said FRPP is always a good product.

Guess I'm not the only one.

I have Moser axles and they're fine. Axle went together no problem. I ordered mine direct from Moser last summer and they were 274 delivered to my door. That was with studs and ABS exciter ring mounts.

FRPP doesn't make their own 31 spline shafts. I know this for a fact.

I heard they buy thier 31 spline shafts from Superior, the re-tag them Ford Racing. I've also heard that Superior axles are known to snap. :shrug:

i have my moser axles sitting right next to me waiting to be installed. i got them from summitt for 250. they came in the moser box, and i dont know if you can actually tell by looking at them if the size is wrong. however they look exactly the same to me. i just checked them out.

summitt sent me the moser wheel studs also, but i still cant find out if they are the right lenght? how long are your wheel studs, guys that already did this?

ADRENLN said:
summitt sent me the moser wheel studs also, but i still cant find out if they are the right lenght? how long are your wheel studs, guys that already did this?

Used the ones provided with the axles.

You'll need ARP 3'' studs if you want to run Welds with open ended lug nuts though.