most RWHP shelby GT (not a 500)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you could order the Shelby GT in deluxe trim, but I'm not positive. Either way, turning it into a Shelby hardly makes it different than a premium anyway. One of those dealers claims the original sticker on the Shebly was over $40k. Dealers will sell the car for a lot less than you expect when they can't get rid of it. It costs them money to keep it on the showroom floor. Remember they buy these vehicles from Ford on a loan, so they are paying the $$ in interest.

All I'm saying is that the while the extra coin up front may not seem to some people to be worth it for what you are getting, the Shelby is a better "investment" than a regular GT by far, especially if you waited til the SGT inventory grew. Once you factor in the extra value the regular GT loses once you start using the extra money you saved to mod the car, this is significantly more true.

Now I've made this thread go completely off topic... Sorry to hijack the thread showngo!

• Sponsors (?)

the bottom line is, to each his own..one mans tomatoe soup is anothers chicken noodle..We are all fans of the stangs, period..I love the fact that i built my car from completely stock, to my current set-up(still a work in progress)..If I had A Shelby GT, i wouldnt want to tinker with it, it will lose its luster if you do that, hence why I didnt buy the Vista Blue one I look at everyday from my Sales Desk.Cuz im never satisfied..I will always be changing something here or there till im in a wooden box...Take care guys..:flag:

the bottom line is, to each his own..one mans tomatoe soup is anothers chicken noodle..We are all fans of the stangs, period..I love the fact that i built my car from completely stock, to my current set-up(still a work in progress)..If I had A Shelby GT, i wouldnt want to tinker with it, it will lose its luster if you do that, hence why I didnt buy the Vista Blue one I look at everyday from my Sales Desk.Cuz im never satisfied..I will always be changing something here or there till im in a wooden box...Take care guys..:flag:

I agree with you 100%! :nice:

If I had A Shelby GT, i wouldnt want to tinker with it, it will lose its luster if you do that, hence why I didnt buy the Vista Blue one I look at everyday from my Sales Desk.Cuz im never satisfied..I will always be changing something here or there till im in a wooden box...Take care guys..:flag:

Nah. It's not bad, but this is why Shelby Performance Parts exists.

God Bless,

Nah. It's not bad, but this is why Shelby Performance Parts exists.

God Bless,

LOL its funny you say that..Shelby gave me a nice dealer parts catalog with my Last Shelby order...bad idea.. Hood pins are going in tommorow,and i already have the grill, oh but there is more in there!! Im gonna get in trouble with that catalog...I wonder if anyone would notice if I swap my Steeda strut tower brace with the Shelby one??? Nah i cant do it, wouldnt be right..

Says the man with a Shelby GT. I don't hate them, I actually really like them... The styling, I believe, is the best out of any "factory tuner". I just think you guys get a little ahead of yourself with the "factory mods" A FACTORY GT with JUST a good tune will pull on any stock Shelby GT. If you're gunna get a Shelby GT... get it for the styling, and if you want, for the name. Cause your "mods", as far as engine mods go, are worthless.

ahh..07..I have an 08 here..there are acouple dealers around here that have auto 07's and cant sell them..
I cant speak for ebay, but cost is cost..and a net net deal on an 07 or 08 Shelby is still more than those ebay quotes..if those are accurate then the mustang they upfitted had an invoice of $24-25k..a deluxe.. Shelby charges $9,000 or so to the dealers for the upfit..the math doesnt make sense...

The Shelby package for '07 was $7300, plus the Gas-Guzzler tax of $1000.

The 2008 package is $11800 for the verts, w/guzzler tax, and $9500 for the coupes.

I know the packages are a little.... "overpriced," but I didn't want to buy a car and void the warranty with mods. Plus, the SGT's are just plain badass! :nice:

Come on guys.. they are at least REAL Shelby's.. if that means anything... :rolleyes:

Cause your "mods", as far as engine mods go, are worthless.

Oh, I agree 100% :nice:

For me, the increase in HP was perfect. Heck, 300 HP from a stock GT was enough for me... my '04 only had 260, plus, I am too young for too much power.

Quite a few guys are supercharging their SGT's. This way, you get GT500 HP, with the handling and light weight of an SGT.

I guess it all comes down to whatever works best for the particular buyer. Some people are just die-hard Shelby lovers..

However, Shelbys are the ones going for 600k thousand on the auction block, not normal Mustang GTs (the first Shelby GT went for that amount).

The first '07 Shelby GT went for $600K?????? People who tune in to auctions for a cars true value is going to be let down. They are just a battle of who wants the car bad enough and has more money! IMO the GT500 and SGT are well worth the MSRP, but no more. If it holds its original value it will do good, but real value near or over $100K:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I'd rather plunk down $100K on the upcoming ZR1 and call myself a traitor!

For me, the increase in HP was perfect. Heck, 300 HP from a stock GT was enough for me... my '04 only had 260, plus, I am too young for too much power.

Thats what I said too when I got my car... for the first month... especially moving up from a basically stock 2000 v6. 300 hp was more than enough for a 22 year old. Now I'm waiting til the summer comes around to go a little crazy. I'm torn between Roushcharging my stang this summer or trading up to a Corvette. We'll see. I'll probably just end up doing nothing and sit on the extra $$ for a while.

Cause your "mods", as far as engine mods go, are worthless.

If they are "worthless" then how come some of the first mods lots of folks do include: CAI, exhaust, tune, gears, short-throw shifter, lowering springs, etc.? (all stock on the SGT)

I don't want to pick a fight and I'm definitely not, but to throw it completely by the way side and say worthless, IMHO, is undercutting what hundreds if not thousands of folks do each year to their Mustangs.

It is really hard to justify the cost of the parts vs what you could do with a premium GT and the extra cash, but its really hard to explain I guess. From the moment I saw the first press release on the '07 SGT, I didn't care, I had to have one! (That after getting stiffed on several GT500's and not about to lose out again)

In addition to that, I had already owned a "stock" GT for several years and was looking for something different. The SGT was the right car at the right time at the reasonably right price.

Some people are just die-hard Shelby lovers..

I wouldn't go quite that far. While I've become a die-hard Shelby fan since the announcement of the GT500 back in what, April 2005, I'm 25 so I missed the original years by about 2 decades. :p Certainly a new generation Shelby fan that has come to better appreciate both what was made back in the 60's and again today.

And as I said above, I had a GT, I wanted something different and the SGT did it for me. I'd guess it did it for quite a few other folks too...:nice:

Of course in the end - as others have said - its still a Mustang, I've spent my money the way I wanted to, you've spent your money the way you wanted to, and we all get to enjoy the history of the car and its heritage. I'd say go us. :D

:SNSign:

They are worthless compared to what else is available. The gears are nice, but 3.73's are just one step up from the 3.55s... 4.10s would have been optimal. I like the shifter, but it's not an engine mod. The CAI, tune, and exhaust only gave, what? 20 HP? Like I said, you can get more then that from a good tune.

LOL its funny you say that..Shelby gave me a nice dealer parts catalog with my Last Shelby order...bad idea.. Hood pins are going in tommorow,and i already have the grill, oh but there is more in there!! Im gonna get in trouble with that catalog...I wonder if anyone would notice if I swap my Steeda strut tower brace with the Shelby one??? Nah i cant do it, wouldnt be right..

Do it, I dare ya!!

The first '07 Shelby GT went for $600K?????? People who tune in to auctions for a cars true value is going to be let down. They are just a battle of who wants the car bad enough and has more money! IMO the GT500 and SGT are well worth the MSRP, but no more. If it holds its original value it will do good, but real value near or over $100K:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I'd rather plunk down $100K on the upcoming ZR1 and call myself a traitor!

I'm not saying that is the car's true value. The money was used to benefit Mr. Shelby's foundation. However, I highly doubt a Mustang GT would have generated such notoriety and cash :shrug:. The reason it did so well is because Shelby's name was on it. I don't expect resale value to be that high nor do I care.

God Bless,

Attachments

• PHTO0015new.jpg
    PHTO0015new.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 104
They are worthless compared to what else is available. The gears are nice, but 3.73's are just one step up from the 3.55s... 4.10s would have been optimal. I like the shifter, but it's not an engine mod. The CAI, tune, and exhaust only gave, what? 20 HP? Like I said, you can get more then that from a good tune.

Well thats not really my point. Is it or is it not true that some of the first mods some folks do (and perhaps the extent for and even larger number) are things like gears (ratio is irrelevant at its personal preference), short-throw, CAI, tune, exhaust, & suspension? I'd bet $10 they are. And they are stock on the SGT. Take a stock SGT do a custom tune, and I'm sure you'd push out similar HP that any other GT would with similar mods...except this one came from Shelby and has a bunch of other stuff done to it to be sure its set apart from any other GT.

Its in the last half of my last sentence there where my point really lies. Thats where the different in price is made up. Surely a price far too steep for 98% percent of the folks to digest, but for the other 2%, we've already bought ours. Guess that's why they had a fairly limited run. :D

Again, not arguing, we're all in it for the same reason. My only beef is that "worthless" is a pretty strong word that I completely disagree with.

Pretty sweet setup! :nice:

There is nothing worthless about the shelby GT, if I could of handled the higher payment, there would be one setting in my driveway right now. The bolt on's for the most part are from ford racing and can be purchased for any GT, but that still wouldn't make it a shelby. Shelby's are a special breed with a long lustrous heritage. Mustang and shelby go together like Hilary and high taxes, just a natural fit. Shelby's are and have allways been the ultinate mustang's, Carol is a legend and so is his cars. A shelby is more than just the sum of it's parts, it's one mans american dream. When you buy a shelby, your not just buying a car, your buying a mans life work. Anyone should be proud to own and drive a shelby. Worthless, not hardly, american icons are never worthless. I just hope Carol contracts with ford for a few more years and brings us more exciting products. Shelby and worthless don't belong in the same sentence. Kudo's to those of you that were able to pony up and buy a piece of one mans dream, shelby's are truly americana . Here Here !!!!!!! as the british would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.