Progress Thread Motivate Me For The Love Of God

My friend called my car a flower pot for a lomg time, as that is what it seemed destined to be. I had a Canoe that sat in the backyard for 3 years, my girlfriend threatened to turn it into a flower pot. 1 week later it got listed on Craigslist for $300 and sold in one day...lol

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you know exactly what you want out of the car. Spend a couple of days with it and get it done. Just think of all the fun you are going to have in it when it's up and running again.

BTW, we have the same wheels, in the same color...Awesome!! Didn't think I'd ever see another Fox with those.

Sounds like you know exactly what you want out of the car. Spend a couple of days with it and get it done. Just think of all the fun you are going to have in it when it's up and running again.

BTW, we have the same wheels, in the same color...Awesome!! Didn't think I'd ever see another Fox with those.

ARE's. I have the center caps but I'm afraid I'll lose them if I drive with them and I forgot to put them on for those pics.

So you guys are wearing the same shoes.

That's so special. :)

:jester:

No but we did trade left shoes for the day because that's what cool kids do.

Reactions: 1 user
Y'all got any of them there horsepowers 'round here? :scratch:

Going out in the morning to measure for the ol' push rods, then order from Summit and probably have them Monday. I'm hoping to maaaaaybe have this POS started by Tuesday night. Driving....not so much...but I need to hear it run at least.

Reactions: 2 users
Holy chit how many pages back was this?

Can't wait to see the progress made

Heck I dunno I searched. There was no way I was flippin pages to find it :shrug:

I've pretty well sorted out measuring for pushrods, so once that's done and ordered I really just have one solid day of wrenching and this turd should be running again.

I'm open to suggestions for a decent radiator/fan setup that won't cost me my first born. Believe it or not the 347 stayed cool on a factory original '89 radiator and a Taurus fan for years but I have a feeling it needs upgraded this time around. Also need better headers...it's hurting my soul to think about bolting these crappy rusty Mac's to my brand new heads. They would probably do well with some 1 3/4 primaries anyway.

Glad to see this pop up, I was still waiting for the power comparison versus the old heads....

Ha, get this....It has been so long since I first built the 347 and now, the only speed shop in town with a dyno is now closed :lol:

So now I have no idea where I can get it dynoed but I'll figure it out eventually. I'll be happy if it hits 400rwhp but we'll see.

Great looking car !!!!

The Contour fams have been working great for me amd a couple others. My turbo 331 has no problem staying cool. The fans pull about less than 20amps each running so it doesnt pull yhe electrical system down too much. Mine are run on 2 seperate relays with a wire from the ac pressure switch to trigger with ac on.

The only tyjong i had to do was cut the tabs off the side and make little brackets to hold it on the radiator.

Screenshot_20180302-231424.png

The 3 core radiator i have was order d from shepherd auto parts...it was 70 bucks shipped....i think. All aluminum and decent. Seems like that online store no longer exists....its been in my car for 2 years and no problems.

Great looking car !!!!

The Contour fams have been working great for me amd a couple others. My turbo 331 has no problem staying cool. The fans pull about less than 20amps each running so it doesnt pull yhe electrical system down too much. Mine are run on 2 seperate relays with a wire from the ac pressure switch to trigger with ac on.

The only tyjong i had to do was cut the tabs off the side and make little brackets to hold it on the radiator.

The 3 core radiator i have was order d from shepherd auto parts...it was 70 bucks shipped....i think. All aluminum and decent. Seems like that online store no longer exists....its been in my car for 2 years and no problems.

You're the second person who's told me about dirt cheap 3 cores but I can't find any anywhere, everything I find is like $500+.

I think I actually have a Contour fan in my garage, and I think I even sorted out a simple mounting method but it's been forever since I worked on that. Wiring is my kryptonite so I dunno wtf I'm doing with relays and wiring the thing up. Right now it has a cheapo (I think) Mr Gasket Autozone fan in it because it was running on a Mark VIII fan that crapped out on me. That fan is wired up through one of those copper probe deals that slips into your upper radiator hose. I've got no AC or heat so there isn't much to run anything off of.

Mine pull the power side off of the battery through the relays. I use a " pull down " or ground to trigger them. So, thats chassis ground ( from fan to frame) , power feed ( from battery through 20 amp fuse and to relay pin 30 ) , fan power feed ( from relay oin 87 to fan ) , battery constant 12v battery feed ( from battery after 20 amp fuse to relay pin 86 ) , relay trigger ground ( from pin 87 to fan controller or fan temperature switch, ac WOT power relay ground, or toggle switch ).

The reason i wired it this way is because its the way most manufacturers do it. The fans will stay on until the switch tells them to cut off.

The fan controllers that you describe hacer never work for me unless i wired them to a relay to handle the load of the fan. They have left me stranded mote than once. There are inexpensive fan switches available in many different temps. Our cars ran at about 200 degrees stock.... thermostat was 192°. Most people like running 180°.

Here's a cheaper 3 row on Amazon....out of 13 people 12 gave it 5 stars. One guy had an issue with the core separating. Probably a fluke compared to other reviews. Plus, at this price you could buy 3 and still be ahead.

Screenshot_20180303-001229.png

Last edited:
I also run an SVE radiator with a Dodge Intrepid dual fan set-up controlled by a Flexalite VSC33054.
This set-up has kept many incarnations of my original 302 cool as well as my current 393.
That car looks awesome, really digging the color, keep at it can't wait to see it completed.

Well I guess that settles it, iI'l give the SVE a try. I'm gonna see what u can do with this Contour fan too.

My to-do list is ridiculous. I still have 90% of the interior to finish but I want the thing drivable before I bother with that. I've got new carpet ready to install too but I discovered a bit of rust in the floor pan that I may as well deal with before I put carpet back in it.

The ignition is gonna get rewired and relocated to under the dash, probably along with the solenoid. Since I have nothing behind my dash now I may as well use that space and I like the idea better than hiding stuff under a fender.