Motive gears VS. FRPP gears???

99prmustang

Sep 3, 2003
i see that mustangtuning.com has the motive's on sale. I searched this forum and noticed that most people here say stick with the FRPP gears in our cars. Why is that? and does anoyone have the motives? and if so, how is the quality, fit, etc.????

thank you

-eric

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought the FFRP 4.10's from Mustangtuning.com. Should have them by the end of theweek. I looked at the Motive's but I wanted to stick with FMS stuff. The fit of the new gears is way better then any other compaines. 10ths shim is nothing compared to some shim jobs I have seen and read about.
For what 10-15 bucks more, it's not worth it. The FFRP gears are 10's cheaper then anywhere else and you don't have to pay shipping. Worth every cent. I am sure it will be worth more once they are in!

I was thinking about those... Most of the places I've contacted about installs say that they use ford motorsports. What are everyones thoughts on them?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with motive gears get them if you want them. 99% of the horror stories are because someone didnt install them correctly not the gears. I personally went with FRPP gears because they were 139.99 at gefracing.com but if I would have found a better deal with motive or richmond I would have went with them. The tolerances on rear ends are demanding so if the runout, pinion depth, pinion preload or backlash is off by a couple of thousandths they will whine regardless of the brand.

Guys, the Motive gears are every bit as good as the Ford gears. My boss just put some in his car and I plan on putting Motive 3.90s in mine. The Motives we have in stock but we don't know how long our stock of FRPP 4.10s will last. I hope this clears up any confusion.