Motive gears Vs. FRPP gears

GT02MG

Dec 11, 2004
MD
Whats your take on the two?
Ive always heard that FRPP just cant be beat when it comes to gears...not that ive heard anything bad about Motive just that most people I talk to lean towards the FRPP....also if Motive is indeed quality they are a lot cheaper in price which usually in the car business means quality suffers

• Sponsors (?)

Ive heard somewhere that Motive actually makes FRPP gears now or maybe it was vice versa....it was just a post by someone so im not saying it holds any truth to it.
Like you said most people go with FRPP but I was hoping a few people who have taken the chance with Motive might shed some light on their experience with the gears.

This is the same question i had. I think i want to get 3.90's (future s/c) and motive are the only people that make that ratio. But the motive arent neccessarily cheaper if you get the performance gears on mustang tuning. They are actually more than frpp. But if they are proven inferior quality and harder to install correctly, maybe i will have to decide between 3.73 or 4.10 frpp. Anybody have the motive's and have any reviews?

I've heard in the past that motive gear whinnes. But thats just because croppy install. Any gear that are set up right will not whinne(So i was told anyway)
I think i'll get motive, as I like the 3.90:1 that they make. plus its cheaper

mity2 said:
I've heard in the past that motive gear whinnes. But thats just because croppy install. Any gear that are set up right will not whinne(So i was told anyway)
I think i'll get motive, as I like the 3.90:1 that they make. plus its cheaper
hit the nail on the head :nice: I have FRPPs and they whine. Motive makes FRPP, but to different specs which makes FRPPs easier to install.

I have Motive 3.90s. They've been in for about a year now. I've had no problens and I have no detectable whine -- but like the poster above said: It's all about the installer.

I've also heard that Motive makes the FRPP gears. The Motive box said they were made in Italy. Maybe they're Ferrari parts!?:D

I called up JPC Racing today since they are a local shop to me in Maryland and they have everything in stock at their shop so I cna bring the car right in and get my stuff added....they said they have Motive gears in all their cars and that they are excellent plus a lot cheaper....guess im getting Motive:SNSign:

GT02MG said:
3:90s:nonono:
Retract that order they suck....get the 4:10s...:nono:

yeah, but i plan on getting a supercharger in the future, i didnt want to have too much gear and have to shift into 5th at the track when i do get it. Plus my car is DD and i do about 50 miles a day on the hwy, so i figured 3.90's were better for me.

spederman said:
yeah, but i plan on getting a supercharger in the future, i didnt want to have too much gear and have to shift into 5th at the track when i do get it. Plus my car is DD and i do about 50 miles a day on the hwy, so i figured 3.90's were better for me.

Ah I thought you were staying N/A for some reason makes more sense now...when you get those motives let me know what you think of them if you get some time.

Motive 4.10s have been in for 4000+ miles. Install was straightforward, seems to be of quality construction, no whine, and absolutly zero issues as of yet. They held up to an inexperienced driver at the track for nine passes.

Im happy:nice: