motor swap into 84 mustang. help

lukeg15

Aug 17, 2010
indiana
im thinking about building the 5.0 in my mustang or swaping my brothers 5.3 ls motor into it.
it has a cam aluminum heads and a intake. i know i would have to buy a carb ect.
what wiring harness should i use?
also any idea on modifications i would have to do to fit the ls motor and a turbo 400 tranny in my 84 mustang hatch?

i know mustang fans wont be happy but it would take way more money and parts to make the 5.0 run as hard as the ls motor.

please help

• Sponsors (?)

It might be cheeper and easier to find a roller TA or camaro to put the motor in. Been done, staight forward, and you'll have more friends. It realy sucks to poor your heart and money into something only to have people bad mouth it all the time.

This is for ls in a older camero but you'll get the logistics-www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/engine/lsx-swap-guide-the-basics

Truthfully I don't understand why people are against these swaps. It's not like these cars/stangs are special.

You guys are harsh.

To the op, I don't think you will find your answer here. Not many lsx swaps on this site, so many don't have a clue. All you are gonna find are opinions.

To everyone else.....I pity the day someone comes in here asking how to convert their 4 eye to aero nose and interior, swap in an lsx motor, AND toss the fuel injection for a carb. You guys are gonna all have heart attacks.

You guys are harsh.

To the op, I don't think you will find your answer here. Not many lsx swaps on this site, so many don't have a clue. All you are gonna find are opinions.

To everyone else.....I pity the day someone comes in here asking how to convert their 4 eye to aero nose and interior, swap in an lsx motor, AND toss the fuel injection for a carb. You guys are gonna all have heart attacks.

not me, im gonna do an LSx swap on my drag car

You guys are harsh.

Don't forget the bodykit and wing on a coupe.