motor swap progress! and some help!

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
yo guys!
no pics yet sorry, i tried the other day but my camera jacked up and deleted all my pics. I had lots of em too. I will try again soon.

anways progress so far....

motor was pulled last weekend, i already have transfered all the parts over, so i have the lower intake, the pan and all the goodies on the new engine ready to go.

I have an aftermarket painless harness in my car, i though it was just the injector harness, but i was wrong, there is alot more. i was going to use the stocker but am going to stick with painless... not as bad as i thought it was.

I spent some time detailing the engine bay, took some gunk and soaked it, took a bottle of simple green and brush and went to town! really made a difference and looks amazing!

Then i got around to taping all wires up with elec. tape. really makes it nice and clean. got all the wires sorted out so i know where everything is!

plans are.... relax this weekend, my dad is out of town and my gf is back from out of town so i will be with her! ;)

monday and tues i am off of work. so were going to drop the engine and t5 in the car, and i will get started on the reassebly process! hopefully it will be as fun and easy as taking it apart, this time around i will have a nice clean engine and stuff to work with. rather than 145k grease and dirt :mad:

then some other small things, were going to weld in my new BULLETS! lol i joined the bullet gang haha!

hopefully everything works out! i think it will.... the other day i was starting to get mad at myself. Lots of little stuff started adding up and i thought it may have been a bad descision to take my enigne out. Then i re thought things out and am taking it slow and 1 step at a time and its much better.

some questions... motor break-in..... whats the best way, i have heard many stories. some have told me to just drive it normally, i am like eh....

this is whats on my mind, its like the chilton book.

start up make a good check and let it warm up.
take it out, go all balls WOT from 20-50mph and let it bring it self down ( like dont press the clutch, let the gears do the work.

do that about 12 times.

take it back to the garage, then do i change the oil here? chiltons says first change is around 500 miles.

then drive it, dont abuse it and dont baby it. drive normal. for a while just make sure you dont sustain a certain speed. you want to flucuate speeds, go faster...then slower and move up and down.

then after 2k miles, change the oil and consider it broken in. then go to the track and bust a 12 :nice: haha!
any comments or additions??

i have this feeling the car will be pretty quick on the street and be a different from the rest.

I want my hard effort, blood and sweat to show when i get her running!

lol this reminds me, the other day. i was working on the stang, i was all hot and sweaty. a drop of sweat rolled of my nose and i watched it hit the fender. i though it was fully, thinking of the old phrase of putting your sweat into something!

later!

• Sponsors (?)