motorcraft alternator who sells them?

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
where can i buy a motorcraft alternator for my car i want one that will last, not one from discount auto that needs to be replaced three times a year.

• Sponsors (?)

FlyBy763

Apr 23, 2004
Palm Bay, FL
So buy the good one from Advance/Discount that has a lifetime warranty and if it breaks you get a new one for free. Instead of a Ford one that if it breaks you get to buy a new one.

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
FWIW, if going aftermarket, folks have had very good luck with PA-Performance alternators. You can up the amperage while you're at it too.

Good luck.

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
what would getting 200 amp alternator do for me, I dont have a real need for more power since i dont have a sound system.

would i have to upgrade wiring throughout my car?

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
what would getting 200 amp alternator do for me, I dont have a real need for more power since i dont have a sound system.

would i have to upgrade wiring throughout my car?
One nice thing about the aftermarket stuff is that the individual alt's often come with a flowsheet. You can often get more idle amps out of them, which is nice if you keep your idle low (I'm one who likes to burble at 650 RPM). The PA-P units are lifetime warranty IIRC, which is pretty nice (and I have NOT seen a lot of failures from guys on the threads. They just seem to believe in and stand behind their alternators). Here's their site. Please note that I have not used one of their alternators (they're too expensive for me); I run another brand's 160 amp unit (with ~80 amps at idle). I have some buds whom do run the PA-P units though.

You would probably want to upgrade the power cable for the alternator (this is something everyone should do - stock alternator or aftermarket). It can be done for as little as 10-15 bucks (I used 4 AWG cable and an ANL 150 amp fuse).

I didnt meant to get off on a tangent here. I just wanted to toss out the aftermarket alt idea in case it was something you had not considered. I like to get more alternator output when I can, even if the stocker was doing alright.

Good luck.

Bosko5.0

May 18, 2006
longwood, FL
well i got it tested again because some thing was not right, and they said it was bad, I wanted to get a motorcraft one since it lasted this long but nobody has them so i just ordered a 130amp PA alt. from 50resto.com since i dont have a sound system, the good thing is I offset:D the price by buying some MM full lenght subframe connectors:nice:

:OT: but i did fix my vaccum leak its back up to 20: leaking egr tube was problem and deletion fixed it:D

tjh566

May 22, 2004
Northern Va
One nice thing about the aftermarket stuff is that the individual alt's often come with a flowsheet. You can often get more idle amps out of them, which is nice if you keep your idle low (I'm one who likes to burble at 650 RPM). The PA-P units are lifetime warranty IIRC, which is pretty nice (and I have NOT seen a lot of failures from guys on the threads. They just seem to believe in and stand behind their alternators). Here's their site. Please note that I have not used one of their alternators (they're too expensive for me); I run another brand's 160 amp unit (with ~80 amps at idle). I have some buds whom do run the PA-P units though.

You would probably want to upgrade the power cable for the alternator (this is something everyone should do - stock alternator or aftermarket). It can be done for as little as 10-15 bucks (I used 4 AWG cable and an ANL 150 amp fuse).

I didnt meant to get off on a tangent here. I just wanted to toss out the aftermarket alt idea in case it was something you had not considered. I like to get more alternator output when I can, even if the stocker was doing alright.

Good luck.

I think 150 amps is a bit much for a 4 AWG