motorcraft alternator who sells them?

• Sponsors (?)

FWIW, if going aftermarket, folks have had very good luck with PA-Performance alternators. You can up the amperage while you're at it too.

Good luck.

what would getting 200 amp alternator do for me, I dont have a real need for more power since i dont have a sound system.

would i have to upgrade wiring throughout my car?

One nice thing about the aftermarket stuff is that the individual alt's often come with a flowsheet. You can often get more idle amps out of them, which is nice if you keep your idle low (I'm one who likes to burble at 650 RPM). The PA-P units are lifetime warranty IIRC, which is pretty nice (and I have NOT seen a lot of failures from guys on the threads. They just seem to believe in and stand behind their alternators). Here's their site. Please note that I have not used one of their alternators (they're too expensive for me); I run another brand's 160 amp unit (with ~80 amps at idle). I have some buds whom do run the PA-P units though.

You would probably want to upgrade the power cable for the alternator (this is something everyone should do - stock alternator or aftermarket). It can be done for as little as 10-15 bucks (I used 4 AWG cable and an ANL 150 amp fuse).

I didnt meant to get off on a tangent here. I just wanted to toss out the aftermarket alt idea in case it was something you had not considered. I like to get more alternator output when I can, even if the stocker was doing alright.

Good luck.

well i got it tested again because some thing was not right, and they said it was bad, I wanted to get a motorcraft one since it lasted this long but nobody has them so i just ordered a 130amp PA alt. from 50resto.com since i dont have a sound system, the good thing is I offset:D the price by buying some MM full lenght subframe connectors:nice:

:OT: but i did fix my vaccum leak its back up to 20: leaking egr tube was problem and deletion fixed it:D

One nice thing about the aftermarket stuff is that the individual alt's often come with a flowsheet. You can often get more idle amps out of them, which is nice if you keep your idle low (I'm one who likes to burble at 650 RPM). The PA-P units are lifetime warranty IIRC, which is pretty nice (and I have NOT seen a lot of failures from guys on the threads. They just seem to believe in and stand behind their alternators). Here's their site. Please note that I have not used one of their alternators (they're too expensive for me); I run another brand's 160 amp unit (with ~80 amps at idle). I have some buds whom do run the PA-P units though.

You would probably want to upgrade the power cable for the alternator (this is something everyone should do - stock alternator or aftermarket). It can be done for as little as 10-15 bucks (I used 4 AWG cable and an ANL 150 amp fuse).

I didnt meant to get off on a tangent here. I just wanted to toss out the aftermarket alt idea in case it was something you had not considered. I like to get more alternator output when I can, even if the stocker was doing alright.

Good luck.

I think 150 amps is a bit much for a 4 AWG