move over Earl Scheib

i just couldn't stand the way the exterior looked anymore, the sound would get the attention of motor heads :p , but the ladies are more impressed by looks.... :eek:

i don't want to put her into the body shop until the sun season is over.............. :sleep:

and i was wondering how she'd look in black :scratch:

so..................

i went to home depot and bought a dozen rattle cans of 98 cent paint and spent a couple hours masking and spraying

how'd i do ???? :banana:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7912020&uid=3200195&members=1

• Sponsors (?)

Krylon makes a semi flat black that we've been using as we go through the body, I love the look on our 73 (although most of it is not painted in the semiflat). If we weren't going yellow, I'd actually consider painting it in a semiflat black, I think it's a really good look for the big bodes.

if you put a couple more coats of paint on it, wet sand the whole car and then put two or three good coats of clear on it you might be able to make it a year or two without getting a pro paint job on it. one of my best friends got an 87 porshce 928 about 6 months ago and the hood and roof were in dire need of paint and that's what we did to his. since we used the factory color touch up paint in the duplicolor rattle can you can't even thell that those parts have been painted except for a couple of spots where he got lazy with the prep work and didn't want to fix a couple dings it had in the roof.

Years ago I fixed and sold my buddy's old 73. He had this thing for 15 years, and for ten of it ran around with a yellow fender on a brown car. The buyer contacted me and agreed to a price. I had the car parked on a busy road for sales visibility, and imagine my surprise when I saw the fender had been painted! Evidently the buyer wanted to get going on this project...